1 frozen embryo transfer
+ 13 weeks of daily intramuscular PIO shots and estrogen patches
+ 1 Shirodkar cerclage
+ 20 weekly P17 shots
+ 25 weeks (and counting) of bedrest (since 13.5 weeks)
+ 20 weeks (and counting) of contractions (since 18 weeks)
+ a billion prayers
+ more good wishes and love than I can count
---------------------------------------
38 weeks and 2 days of pregnancy!
Nobody really needs to see my naked belly, but I figure I might as well. The yoga pants kind of cut off the bottom of the belly, but this is where we're at. My doctor said at my appointment last week that I was measuring 36 weeks, but that I was fine as I'd been progressing - he said we'd likely just have a 6-lb baby instead of a 9-lb baby.
July 20 is quickly, quickly approaching. I am so very, very excited to hold our little girl in my arms, but I am not having that "get her out now" syndrome - I just never have. It's incredibly painful, and the contractions are so strong - but I just love feeling her moving around, and I want her to bake and get as strong as possible before she's born. I also know that I just cherish every second of being pregnant with her. I will miss feeling her moving, and being able to know every second how she's doing - I have to give up some of this control (as if I've ever had any) when she's born, and will have to trust others. It's so hard for us to get pregnant, and we only have two embryos left, so there's also the chance that this is the last time I'll ever be pregnant - I just want to enjoy every second of it. I will happily live with all of the cramps and things if it means that Baby A/Jota is safe and sound. I just wish Maddie were here, as well.



17 comments:
You've come so far and I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to meet your precious rainbow!
And I can't wait to introduce you, Jen! :) You are such an amazing support.
Woo! You look great and are so strong to have gone through all of this :) Jota is definitely loved so much! So excited for later this month!!
Jill, you are so sweet and amazing. You just make me smile.
Congratulations on making it this far, you've obviously made a lot of sacrifices to get to this point. I can't imagine the excitement you're feeling to have your little girl home with you soon. Praying everything continues to go smoothly for you & your precious girl is born healthy & strong!
LOVE the belly picture! :) I am just so happy for you.
I just love this post! You look great!!!
I'm just so excited for you!!!!
YAY! Your belly is beautiful! I just can't wait to see Baby A.
When you lay it all out like that it looks so easy ;)
Still praying for you...
Look at you all pregnant! I serioulsy have a tears cropping up right now! You look beautiful and July 20th is going to be here so soon! I can't wait!
You look so great!! One week from today you'll have your little girl in your arms. It is going to be wonderful!!!
The drawstring pants I have are all from Motherhood. I got by with three pairs - two of them are exactly the same.
I really admire your bravery about the cramps. I think they would scare the living daylights out of me. As it is I question every little twinge, etc.
Jota is going to have an awesome mommy and it won't be long now :)
You look fabulous! You've made it SO FAR! Looking forward to hearing of her arrival! xo
You guys all seriously made me cry - you are all definitely in the "more good wishes and love than I can count" part of the equation, which I personally consider to be one of the most important parts. :)
You look awesome! It's so close now, I can't wait until we get to see this beautiful baby girl! XOXO
You look amazing!!! And it's nice that you are able to enjoy these last few days so much and not be in too much discomfort.
That is one beautiful belly! and you have some pretty beautiful words too! There is clearly so much love waiting for this little one when she arrives.
I'm just thinking about you and hoping all is well. We haven't heard from you in awhile. I'm not sure how to Email you or I would.
Post a Comment