Wednesday, July 14, 2010

38 weeks 4 days - Variosity

I'm pretty sure I just made up the word "variosity."  Anyway.

Lots of little stuff over the last few days.  First was last week, my husband (who does IT at the hospital where we will be having the baby) was helping one of the department heads of the L&D department helping her.  She was thanking him for his help, and telling him that she owed him one.  He joked that she could hook his wife up with a good room, and she responded, "I can do that - who is she?"  JTD explained that he was just joking, but she insisted - so, she put it on my admission paperwork that I get the best room in the place (which is already filled with good rooms, since they just redid the whole floor last fall).  Hooray for getting the pimped-out room!

I've been having contractions a lot more regularly at times - they're not always painful, and they'll sometimes slow down, so I have been pretty sure that they aren't serious.  I called my OB's office yesterday just to be sure and to establish when I SHOULD come in - they had me come in right away to put me on a monitor.  So, we did that, and he found that he's about 99.98% sure that I won't go into hard labor before our scheduled C-section - so it looks like she's in there for the long haul!

I've got a lot of blog friends who got colds just mere days before they had their babies... and it looks like I'm keeping the tradition alive.  I managed to avoid colds and all for about 8.75 months (I guess I got a slight cold when I was 8 weeks or so), but I am just in the beginning stages of a cold today.  Fantastic timing.  I can handle a cold, but I do NOT want baby girl getting sick first thing out of the womb.

Despite all of the IC and cerclage-related stuff that's gone on throughout the pregnancy, there are some symptoms I've been able to avoid.  Didn't really get any stretch marks at all, and didn't retain much water.  However, I've got a very few stretch marks that are actually a little deep that just showed up this week - they're on the side of my belly where she's been since about 28 weeks, so that makes sense.  My fingers and feet have been puffy the last few days, too - it probably has something to do with the fact that our little area here had the highest temps in the country today - 115 heat index, due to horrible humidity.  It was nice to not have to go outside today.

Just counting down the days until Tuesday!  It's funny how time is crawling this week!

19 comments:

Jen said...

Not that I expect you to jump on here with an update on Tuesday but just know that I will be stalking you on here and fb like a crazy lady ;)

I'm so excited!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I am going to make sure to charge my phone so I can update one or both, Jen! You have been such amazing support!

jill said...

Whoa that is awesome that your husband was able to get you "hooked up"! Sure not on purpose but still awesome :) A cold now.. what is up with that? It's true, I see a lot of people get colds right at the very end too. Stress on the body maybe. Whatever it is I hope it passes super fast for you so you are completely well for next week!!

Anonymous said...

You are a lucky lady! Keep it up! You are on the final run! Im gonna be stalking you like crazy too!! And honey...track me down on FB!!

Enjoy these last few days of mystery before you have to share her with all of us!!

S.I.F. said...

I can't even believe it is almost here!! She is going to be here soooooo soon!

Anonymous said...

wow!! I can't believe its Tuesday! I am so excited for you guys!! :) I will anxiously be awaiting an update :) Lots of *hugs*

Allison (Ali) said...

eeekk!! I can't believe that it's almost time for you to have that baby! Can't wait to see pics!!!!

Heather said...

Yay for a great room! And I can only imagine how much time is crawling for you! But Tuesday will be here SO, SO SOON!!!

cheryllookingforward said...

I was one of the ones who got sick right before delivery - no problems with the baby. And I just got over another cold that barely got to him - he had a few boogers, but we got to use the aspirator! Fun!
I'm hoping time speeds up for you!!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

The cold thing is SO weird - I'm pretty sure I caught it at a shower this weekend, but the timing is horrible. Cheryl and Christy are the two I could think of who had their colds - but it makes me feel better to know that they both got over them right before their little ones were born!

You guys are all amazing - it's going so slow right now, but it's so much fun to hear from you all!

rebecca said...

So exciting for you to be so close!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog & your kind words! What part of Iowa are you in? My husband & I are actually both from Iowa (NW area) but we live in Kansas right now.

foxy said...

Hi Akd,
Thanks so much for stopping my my post the other day. It was so nice to get your comment and to think about the tables being turned. You brought up a perspective that I never considered, and I wanted to thank you for that.

Wishing you to BEST BEST delivery and a quick and pain-free recovery. Ill be back again to see the pictures!

xoxo - Foxy

Momof3inVA said...

I am so happy for you...I can't believe you only have a few days. WOW!

Enjoy your 'pimped out' room! ;)

jrose35 said...

So looking forward to your update after Tuesday and wishing you lots of good luck and happiness! I will be thinking of you on Tuesday and wishing you only the best!

cheryllookingforward said...

I'm thinking about you Angie!! I hope everything goes perfectly tomorrow and you get to hug Baby A soon!! Congratulations on getting to this day! I'll be sending you good wishes and love all night tonight and all day tomorrow. Good Luck!!!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

That just made me cry - thank you so, so much! I can't believe it is here, and am blessed to have such support.

Holly said...

Just wanted to say congrats!!!! :)

cheryllookingforward said...

Still thinking about you. I hope yesterday was everything you dreamed about! I can't wait for an update!

jill said...

Thinking of you here too. I hope everything went wonderfully and you, your husband, and little Jota are doing well. Congratulations :)