Thursday, July 01, 2010

"Lucky"

I find myself so often thinking how "lucky" I am to be so near having Baby A in my arms - and then I remember that I absolutely hate the word "lucky."  I don't believe in luck, I believe in God.  I absolutely respect everyone else's feelings and beliefs, and certainly don't judge anyone who believes otherwise - but I don't believe that random chance is keeping my baby safe.  I believe that I am blessed beyond measure and words, and am just so grateful.  This pregnancy has been harder than I ever imagined physically and emotionally in many ways, but I refuse to complain (to anyone other than my husband) - I am so truly blessed to have every minute, and am so grateful.

Today was our 36w5d (36w6d by the OB's count) appointment.  It went well.  I gained 2 lbs, which brings my grand total up to 16 lbs.  My OB said he'd still really like to see me gain some weight (since I'm naturally a pretty small person), so I "shouldn't put down the Twin.kies."  Ideal weight gain range for me would have been 25 - 35 lbs, anywhere between 15 and 50 is "normal" - but since I'm barely in that range, he would really like to see me gain some more weight. 

I'm dilated to about 1.75 cm right now.  Didn't get a report on effacement, but that's okay because I'm still a little sketchy on what it means.  I was about 60% effaced two weeks ago, so I'm assuming the answer is "more."  We got our C-section officially on the books, though (assuming no early arrivals) - July 20 at 7:30 a.m. CDT.  We get to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. - since my husband works at the very same hospital the night before until 10 p.m., I'm feeling a little bad for him!

21 comments:

Allison (Ali) said...

i know that you have been worried the whole time, but you are so close and it's so worth it. praying for you~Al

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thank you so, so much, Ali. :) Sending you lots of love.

S.I.F. said...

Oh wow! July 20! That is so soon lady! I can't even believe it!

Anonymous said...

I will be remembering Maddie on July 7th.

Go eat some ice cream for little A.

sara said...

Thinking of you and your family during this time....
And yes...if you have to - eat some extra twinkies or ice cream. Doctor's orders :-)

Heather said...

How exciting to be on the books!!!

Anonymous said...

yay for a scheduled plan! :) Its not luck...its part of God's masterplan :)

Michele said...

woo hoo!

jrose35 said...

I am so excited for your July 20th date. I am so glad you will have your sweet baby in your arms very soon! Always in my prayers and thoughts and sending you big hugs!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I love that you guys are so supportive of us and excited!! :)

cheryllookingforward said...

July 20th!!! The countdown is on! Get some drawstring pants ready!

rebecca said...

Congratulations to be so close.
I came to your blog from LFCA & want to tell you that your story has brought me some hope in the hardest time of my life. We lost our daughter almost a week ago at 23wks & are in the depths of our grief. Thank you for sharing your story & helping us to see there is hope.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Cheryl - you're the best! Based off of your recommendation, I even have a pair packed in my hospital bag! Do you have any recommendations on brands, since I only have one pair?

Rebecca - my heart just breaks for you. Lillian Grace is so beautiful and lovely - please know my prayers and thoughts are with you.

Jill said...

I have been thinking about you!! July 20th sounds like a beautiful date. It is actually the day I found out that Chase and Emma were going to be a boy and girl. xx

Nan & Mike said...

Thinking of you hon...pregnancy after loss is hard...hugs xxx

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Oh, Jill, I didn't know that. That's a day that I would be so honored to share - what a special day.

Nan - You're so sweet! It's amazing how filled with emotions it is, isn't it?

Christy said...

July 20th is so soon, AKD! I just can't wait to see her beautiful picture.

Lizy said...

I am soo very excited for you and having that beautiful baby in ur arms soon. Thanks for your encouragement and support. Hugs from sunny Chicago!!!

K said...

Blessings on you section. We actually share that day.

crystal theresa said...

37 weeks! i am so happy for you. i still remember first meeting you on BBC, but now i don't even remember your BBC name :P - is it the same? coming to think good thoughts for you and your not-so-little-one.

Holly said...

I so agree with you on the "lucky"!