I probably should just leave the blog title spot blank if I can't think of anything...
Miss Alice turns 6 months on Thursday! My little girl isn't so little anymore! She's doing so well - the only thing we're a little behind on is sitting up. She can tripod like a champ, but isn't really sitting up-up yet. We can't get her to stop rolling even when we need her to, though, and she keeps making motions like she wants to crawl.
Her appointment is on Friday - at that time, we're going to start feeding solids. I think we're going to do a combination of baby-led weaning (where she gums off of foods and feeds herself) and purees. I am shocking everyone I know because I've decided that I'm going to make the baby food myself. In their defense, I can just barely make mac and cheese. I've been making all of her meals with my chest for the last six months, and know what went into each of them... I feel like I should keep it up. I am remarkably lazy after I get home from work, though, so we'll see how this goes.
I try to talk to Alice pretty constantly about Maddie, but I'm so curious how to go about that as she goes older. I really think I want to make up a little story for her, but I'm not sure how to do it.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I am a terrible cook, but Nora loves my cooking. :) Baby food is so easy to make and it's such a joy to know i'm giving Nora good stuff.
Bree, that is fantastic news! I have this phobia I will screw it up!
Happy belated 6 month birthday, Alice! :)
Everyone I know who has made babyfood set aside one day each week to puree everything and then froze it in ice cube trays. When it is time to eat, just pop out a cube and thaw it! I have also heard of people making things in their CrockPots and then freezing them in cubes as well.
I think a story for Alice about Maddie is a terrific idea! Maybe you could use a site that would let you make a little picture book? A friend of ours gave us a book she made through Heritage Makers several years ago of a trip we took with her and her family to the zoo. It is really neat and the kids love looking at it and reading about the day we spent there.
I think you will do great making baby food. Kinda hard to screw up mush! lol
I also think it is great you talk to Alice about Maddie. I think it is important for them to know about their sisters.
Uh, how am I not following you already?? This is ridiculous. How are adventures in baby food making going?
I so want to do my own food! I can't wait to hear how it goes :)
Love that you tell Alice about Maddie! Its so important. I even have Josh wearing little brother onesies :)
Post a Comment