Good appointment today! We had our 28w5d ultrasound, and everything is great. Cervix is right around 2.95 to 3.05 cm, which is amazing. I talked to the doctor, and he's confident it's because we went with the Shirodkar (which is kept so high up in the cervix). I feel like we really made the right decision for us with opting for it over the McDonald (not that it's the right decision overall, just the right one for us). Baby girl looks great, and we'll have another full ultrasound in two weeks.
I was just realizing that it's May 6. This is important to me for a couple of reasons:
- Tomorrow is Maddie's 10-month birthday. Happy 10 months in Heaven, my sweet little angel.
- In about 12 days, it will be May 18. That will be four months to the day after my cerclage (January 18) - I will officially have been on bedrest for four months. That's insane, but I just think about how much I feel it's helped, and how I'll do anything to keep Jota safe. I know I say that over and over, but it's true.
Unfortunately, my breastfeeding class for this coming Monday got cancelled (only three of us were signed up for it). I signed up for the one on June 7 as a replacement, so that's good.
29 weeks coming up on Saturday, and Mother's Day on Sunday! Happy Mother's Day to all!
12 comments:
Good job, cervix!! I can't even add up how long I've been on bedrest. It's too overwhelming. It is interesting to me that each of us in our little pregnant w/ cerclage group ended up on some form of rest. Thank goodness we all have talented and supportive doctors. :) I found a good website today- breastfeeding.com. I watched several how to videos like how to latch on and how to give a bath. :)
I think it's amazing that we've all been lying flat, too, Bree - I think it goes to show that it's effective, but it's crazy to think about it! Thank you SO much for that site, that's fantastic! I have to say - giving a bath is maybe the thing about which I'm most worried. I hope they also do a demo for us all at the hospital!
Oh Angie, I'm just so excited for you. Yay! I'm just so happy!
omfg!! four months!!! you are a trooper!! I'm barely coping after two!!
Your measurements sound awesome!! Keep up the good work!! lol...
Happy 10 months to your beautiful little girl.
And you are such an inspiration! Keep up the great work! Grow baby grow!
Big happy 10 months to Maddie!
And I am so proud of you lady!
I'm like a cheering section for your cervix! Go Cervix! Stay awesome!!!
And big hugs to you and Maddie today.
Happy 10 Months, Maddie! And WOOHOO for a great appointment! I am so proud and so in awe of your strength and determination - you are doing amazing and showing so much grace during such a difficult and uncomfortable time (made even more so by having to stay flat!)
I hope the next breastfeeding class is held as scheduled, and in the meantime check out http://www.kellymom.com - an awesome reasource for all things breastfeeding. She even has a great section with books, aritcles and resources for Mom's who have PCOS.
Keep up the great work!
WOO HOO!!! You are doing great! Looking back at 16w of bedrest, I remember thinking "MAN, that is a long time!" but in the grand scheme of things, getting our babies here safely, it's a drop in the bucket. And you are doing GREAT!!!!!
I'll be thinking of Maddie tomorrow and sending loving thoughts...
Happy Mother's Day to you and Happy 10 Months to your Maddie. You are a beautiful mommy and I'm sure Maddie is sending sweet angel kisses your way. xoxo
That is awesome news!!! I am so excited for you. *huge hugs*
yeah for your cervix!!!
Post a Comment