I stole this form below from a couple of other blm's - I admit it, I'm a thief. Here goes, anyway!
How far along? 29 weeks 4 days
Maternity clothes? Almost exclusively. Since I'm at home about 99.9% of the time, I wear a lot of oversized shirts I own and maternity yoga pants, but I have preggo jeans and tops that I wear to the doctor and stuff.
Stretch marks? So far, only down by my hips, where the swelling of my belly starts - and they're not that bad (knock on wood).
Sleep? Ugh - not great, usually. My OB has had me on Ambien since I had Maddie (it's safe for pregnancy), so I get a couple of hours right away, then get up to pee, then get a little bit more, then have to rotate due to really bad hip pain, maybe get another half hour, then get up to pee, then repeat the whole process. I wake up really early, too.
Best moment this week? In the past week, there were two. One was seeing Baby A on the ultrasound - she's just so precious that it takes my breath away. The second was on Saturday night, before Mother's Day - I took Maddie's urn and went up the stairs, as I do every night at bedtime. I was putting her urn on the dresser where she sits at night, and found the card that my husband had left me. I opened it up to the most sincere and sweet words I've ever read. I was also so very touched to receive Mother's Day cards from my mother-in-law and the amazing Fishsticks & Fireflies. (Have I mentioned that she's one of the sweetest people ever?)
Worst moment? I don't want to even think about this, as it's not productive. I'm sure it was during one of the many contractions when I was panicked that something was wrong.
Movement? I'm not sure she ever stops when she's awake! I do my kick counting, and she usually passes within about 3 min., sometimes up to 13 min. or so. I think she probably moves somewhere between 20 - 40 times an hour (depending on the hour), and I love it!
Food cravings? My cravings have slowed down a little bit. I purposely eat a ton of fruit when I crave sweet things. I would really like some fried dill pickles from a specific restaurant, and I keep going through a curry thing (JTD got me some about a week ago, which helped), but that's about it.
Gender? This baby is definitely all girl, based off of all of the ultrasounds. If not, we have a lot of pink stuff to return.
What I miss? Just being active, and human interaction. I miss it, but not so much that I'm willing to put Jota in any kind of danger for it. (I obviously miss Maddie every moment, but I don't think this question is asking that.)
What I look forward to? The obvious! Having her here with us, being able to hold her and take care of her. In the short term, I look forward to my OB appt tomorrow (just a manual cervical check), and then we get another full ultrasound next Tuesday!
Milestones: Every day is a milestone! I'm just so grateful that God, the doctors, and medicine have allowed us this opportunity. I think about all of the medical marvels that have gone into this pregnancy - the intricacies of IVF and FET, the simplicity yet preciseness of the cerclage, the whole wonder that there is such a thing as a C-section. This certainly hasn't been a "natural" pregnancy by any stretch of the imagination (in fact, I can't really imagine how we could have required more medical intervention), but every step is a gift.
Emotions: Well, I'm terrified still by each contraction and cramp (and sad when each makes me think of Maddie), but it doesn't do any good to complain about it (other than putting others in an awkward spot when they're forced to give pity). I am also filled with wonder at the blessings we've been given - I mean, I'll be 30 weeks on Saturday with our little miracle baby! It's so amazing and shocking! Every day this little girl gets bigger and stronger, and I'm just so blessed to be a part of that process.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
I love love love this post. I have seen similar things on other posts. Thank you for sharing. I love to hear about your love for not only Maddie, but Baby Jota as well. Thinking of all three of you *hugs* Baby Jota will be here before you know it.
Jess, you just made me smile so big! I am always excited for your updates on little Clover, too - and how much you honor Jonathan! HUGS to you!
You are just too darn cute!! It's so cool that we are both due the same day... and I know we feel a lot of the same things...
Very glad I "met" you!!!
I really enjoyed reading this post! Why does it seem to me that your pregnancy is moving quickly? You're probably rolling your eyes because I'm sure it feels like you've been pregnant forever ;) You're almost to the thirties! Yay!
Pottymouthmommy - it amazes me every day that we are due on the same day! It's so unique, and I love having it in common, especially when we have so much in common! I am so glad to have "met" you, too!
Jen - 10 weeks ago, I would have called you nuts! :). While it does feel like I have been pregnant for forever, the weeks seem to be flying by now! I just keep thinking about all of the stuff I still need to do! You just make me smile!
I love these updates. I see them a lot on fertility blogs. I need to do one before Nora arrives. :) The darn hip pain keeps me up at night too. You should indulge in some fried pickles. Didn't you say you hadn't gained much weight anyway. Eat up, girlfriend! It's gonna be over soon and we're gonna have to go back to eating like normal people (at least I'm going to have to). I've been working on a chocolate cream pie every night.:) xo
Bree - you should definitely do one! :) The hip pain is awful, isn't it? It's just so sharp and unexpected. I think I am going to have to get some fried pickles on the way home from the OB tomorrow - you're right, dr said to gain weight, so that's better than the salad I was going to carry out! I love the idea of the cream pie - that's genius to enjoy it now!
What a great way to do updates! Fried pickles... Hmmm.... I have never tried them and never craved them when I was pregnant. I did eat a lot of fruit though! :)
Jill - they're so delicious!! I don't eat the big long spears (those are a little weird). There's this restaurant nearby that has the dill chips, like you'd get on a hamburger - they fry them, and give you this ranch-y sauce. I wish I could send you some! (Although, they don't travel 10 miles well, so I'm guessing Fed Ex would be a little worse!)
Aw, thanks for sharing this!!!
Happy almost 30 weeks! Good luck at your appointment today. After getting several manual cervical checks, I really feel for you - ugh!
Love this post! Im definitely going to steal it :)
Im soo excited you are doing so well and every day is a milestone!
Even though Im just starting my pregnancy, I can see myself in a lot of the things you are writing about! I will keep praying for another 8 weeks at least! :)
sister I cannot believe you are not strictly in maternity clothes!! Great post, and I wish that I had no cravings! I didn't with Kasey, but this one is sweets esp chocolate and fruit isnt cutting it this time around... I am going to have to work extra hard after she comes to get all this chocolate off :)
I do these too. It's fun plus something you can look back on.
Post a Comment