Saturday, June 26, 2010

36 weeks!

How far along?  36 weeks today by my count, 36w1d by my OB's.  If she were born now, I don't even really count that as a preemie!

Total weight gain/loss:  14 lbs. total (they're still less-than-pleased, but I'm trying as hard as I can!)

Maternity clothes?  I wear maternity yoga pants and a big shirt whenever I'm around the house.  I wear maternity clothes about 90% of the time when I'm out of the house, but do have a few shirts I can wear.

Labor signs:  Of the ones I can notice, it's the same stuff it's been since about 18 weeks - contractions and cramping.  Am quite a bit effaced, and am dilated over a cm (didn't get a check this week).

Sleep:  Start-and-stop.  Mostly so that I can get up and go to the bathroom.
Best moment this week:  I know it sounds corny, but my best moments are just lying in bed cuddling with my husband and the baby belly.  We also have admitted to each other that we're a little terrified that we're going to be responsible for another human life here shortly - we are SO excited, but it's also really scary! 

Worst moment this week:  I probably have to go with the Group B strep test.  I've also been having some pretty sharp pains, but I want to keep her in there.

Movement:  All of the time, and I love it!  Our kick counts are insane - they average between only taking about 45 seconds to 5 minutes.  Then she just keeps right on going.  :)  She is stretching more often than kicking now - and the stretching involves her head in my hip bone and her feet sharply up in my ribs. 

Food cravings/aversions:  I have been having the worst acid reflux - waking up in the middle of the night feeling like I'm choking/drowning on stomach acid, despite the Pri.losec and sleeping at an incline.  The morning sickness has also come back.  So, I'm trying to avoid anything spicy or strong-flavored.  My diet is really boring.

Belly button in or out?  This topic is a little bit of a sore one with me.  I've definitely still got an innie, but it looks kind of creepy.  It's so shallow that JTD loves to stare at it and make fun of me.  :)

What I miss:  I miss being able to see where I'm shaving; it's been about two months since it was more than an educated guess.  I'll have JTD look and see how I did, and usually he just laughs - not encouraging.  I am elated that we're at a point where I can't see, though, and wouldn't change it for the world.
To what I am looking forward:  Lying in bed with my husband with our baby between us when we can actually see her. 

Weekly Wisdom:  I don't really think I have much wisdom... just to wake up every single day happy that she's safe in there.  I'm just so blessed to have the husband and two girls that I do, and take the time to be grateful for them every day. 

Milestones:  We're one week away from "full-term" by clinical standards!

Symptoms:  I don't think they're really even "symptoms" at this point.  It's more a way of life.

9 comments:

cheryllookingforward said...

Congratulations!!!!!!
And I have to say that weekend family cuddles are better than I even imagined. Not too much longer!

Cape Girl said...

Yay!!! This is so amazing. I know that you've been on bed rest longer than you haven't and that you've been through so much to get here, congratulations!

Only 4 more weeks!!!!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! Out here, 36 weeks means you can have a baby and they won't do anything to stop it! (Of course, they would prefer 37+ weeks, but you get my point!) I can't wait to 'meet' Baby A. and to know that you are getting those cuddles!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You ladies are such great sources of support! I also can't believe that we're here, that she could come any second and be fine! I'm so grateful for each of you!!

Marie W said...

yay for 36 weeks!

Christy said...

36 weeks is AMAZInG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i can't wait until you are off bedrest and you have your beautiful baby A in your arms.
I can't wait until we get to ask each other about baby stuff!!!

heather said...

Love this post! Oh and I totally get the belly button thing - mine did the same thing with Madelyn!

Anonymous said...

ok so first off....Yay for 36 weeks :) I am so excited for you :) *hugs* Second, I didn't think we could shave post cerclage? My legs are hairier then an ape right now and anxiously awaiting a leg wax on saturday for fear of bending over to shave.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Oh, Jess, I hadn't heard that about leg shaving - my peri and OB never mentioned it, so I didn't even think of it! I tried a few times lifting my leg up higher, but didn't feel safe balanced on one leg. It's so interesting the different things that different doctors do - mine actually said baths would be okay, but I've never taken one just out of nervousness.