Monday, June 21, 2010

No more P17s!

We took our last P17 shot last night, which means that we hit 35 weeks on Saturday!  This is awesome - no more having to ice down my butt before my husband sticks an enormous-gauge needle into it!  I'm guessing that my number of contractions per day will go up even higher (which seems impossible at this point), but it means that baby girl is doing well!  I remember being so nervous to even order the second batch of them, because I was so afraid we wouldn't get to 26 weeks.  Yet, here I sit, with Baby A/Jota proving me wrong - and jamming her head into my pelvis and her feet waaaaay up into my ribs to rub it in.  :)  So, I guess she's going to be like both of her parents and like to make a point...!

I had a friend recently e-mail me about the last few weeks of her pregnancy after her stillbirth (also at 21w3d, like Maddie) - she said that she had been especially sad/upset/nervous during that time, and she guessed that was the case for me.  Boy, was she right - I've been crying at the drop of a hat, and missing Maddie even more than ever lately.  I think it's just because we're so close - and, while I know that Maddie is safe and happy in ways that I never could have made her, I just don't want to lose another baby.  I don't want my body to fail another little miracle.  I just know that she's going to be okay, though - I just have to tell my heart that sometimes.

7 comments:

jill said...

No more needles! Woo that is definitely something to shout from the rooftops. So excited you are getting so close to meeting little Jota :)

Sending *hugs* and thinking of Maddie with you.

Anonymous said...

YIPPPPPPEEEEE!!! Your hiney will be so much happier!!

And 35 weeks is awesome!! I am so excited about baby Jota!!

Sending love your way!!

And HAPPY ICLW!!

S.I.F. said...

She IS going to be OK, and she is going to be more amazing than you could possibly imagine. I just know it lady! You have done such a great job keeping her safe inside of you, and she has had Maddie looking over her as well. This is one blessed and loved child you are about to have...

Heather said...

Jota is going to be PERFECTLY ok!!!! I believe that 100%! And HOORAY for no more shots!! I think only someone who has endured those 22.5 gauge needles can truly appreciate that!

Michele said...

CONGRATS!!! Woo Hoo!

You are doing a great job! I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

this is wonderful news!! baby Jota will be here before you know it :)

Holly said...

Hooray for no more needles!!