Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Stillbirth Awareness Day

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry that Stillbirth Awareness Day is the day after Labor Day, but it is today. Remembering Maddie and all of the other perfect gifts who left too soon.

4 comments:

Jaclyn said...

It seems to me the only people truly aware of stillbirth are those of us who have been through it. I read this god awful post on a parenting site where the woman was talking about how she had a mature placenta in her first 2 pregnancies and so they gave her lots of monitoring in her last pregnancy. She said she went in for her 38 week check up and her OB told her that her baby stopped growing and that he needed to come out immediately. And she left to get a pedicure before going to the hospital. People always want to think it can never happen to them. I used to think that!

Jill said...

Always remembering with you!!

Amy von Oven said...

We all remember this day everyday...sad how that works once your life has been changed. Praying for families all over that are just being changing by this.

S.I.F. said...

I hate that there even has to be a date like this at all.