Saturday, February 04, 2012

250 posts

I look at this blog, and realize the evolution it has gone through. It started off as a place to pour out my grief, then a place to catalogue my second FET, then the terrors and wonder of pregnancy with Alice, and finally a place to occasionally update about her life story.

That being said... It may be time to hang up my hat. This is for several reasons.

First, it is not really cathartic about Maddie anymore. I don't have new revelations about her, I have a dull ache that will always be there, that will ebb and flow some, but isn't likely to change. I can only say the same things so many times.

As for Alice... I want her to be able to tell her own story someday. That isn't my place. And I stay so busy with her that I don't have much time for this space, to develop thought fragments in my head.

We are in a holding pattern about our next FET, and it just hurts too much to talk about the unending infertility.

And, to be honest, I really don't have any readers. This isn't to backhandedly beg for comments... That is just what happens when you largely stop posting for a year and a half.

So, I will continue to read others' blogs, commenting occasionally, but it feels like this isn't a place I visit much anymore. I visit Maddie elsewhere. Thank you to anyone who did or still reads.

12 comments:

Jen said...

I would be pissed by this announcement if we weren't friends on fb...I will stalk you there and gather your nuggets of wisdom...

Love you, friend!

Jaclyn said...

I always read when you post something, but I know what you mean about sort of hitting a point where you just don't have anything to say about it anymore. I started my blog when Caitlyn was a few months old and so I do occasionally talk about Nicholas, but the point for me was always more about talking about her. My grief is usually separate from the blog. But I will keep up with you and lovely little Alice on Facebook if you do decide that you are done with blogging.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I love you, too, Jen!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Jaclyn, you are awesome. You are right, it kind of becomes rote after a while. I don't want to be uber boring, you know?

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele said...

I dont always have time to comment, but rest assured I still read. However, I can understand feeling like it's time to walk away, whether for a long time or a short one. Will be here if you come back. :)
Hugs...

Holly said...

i def get what you are saying. there's not much 'new' things I post about anymore. same old same old.

Heidi Grohs said...

I agree with Holly....same old same old. But I don't mind reading it from time to time!

And like Jen said...you are soooo lucky we are FB friends. This would make me cry!

And let me just say...weird that I just saw Holly's comment and thought..oh, you know Holly? I "met" both of you in two entirely different ways and bump here...the circle tightens...

Nan & Mike said...

I know im absent alot too....but I still read...write if you need it, dont if you dont .... Either way I send you love and hugs!!!!!!!! xxxooo :) Nan

crystal theresa said...

whatever you choose or even if you change your mind. you'll stay in my reader, and we are FB friends, too. ♥

With Out My Punkin said...

I am the same way. I'm sure I have no readers lol. It served its purpose while I needed it.

DandelionBreeze said...

I'm so sorry that I've only just realised that you've taken a break from blogging... hope you're doing OK and may come back one day. I'm public again, so will be easier to find/follow now... and have had a name change... hope it's not too confusing. Thinking of you xoxo