Tuesday, May 18, 2010

30 weeks 3 days - OB appt and ultrasound

We had our 30 week 3 day appointments today. We got to do the full ultrasound this morning, as well as a quick cervical length check, and then just had a quick check-in with the doctor this afternoon (we had to split up the appointment because he does surgeries on Tuesdays and open u/s times were limited).


The ultrasound went fantastic! She's still a little girl (thank goodness, or else we have a lot of pink stuff we'd need to return) - I'm not thinking she'll like watching the up-close proof of this when she's older, but so be it. Heartbeat was 150 bpm, which is really consistent with what it's been so far. She is measuring over a week ahead (which is shocking) - she's measuring 31w5d! Her estimated weight is about 3 lbs. 9 oz. (maybe 10 oz.). Her head circumference, however, is a full week ahead of that - my husband's the oldest of five siblings, and there were some big noggins in the family (JTD's next youngest brother, M, still has an enormous hat size). So, I guess that makes me pretty happy that we'll have to deliver via C-section for that reason alone... ;) She snuggles right up next to my uterine wall, so it's awfully hard to get a good 2D u/s picture of her face (and impossible to get a 3D/4D), but here's our beautiful little girl. (She also kept putting her hand up over her face specifically whenever we tried, as if she were blocking the paparazzi - I'm thinking she's either stubborn or a beautiful drama queen-in-training!)

Baby AKD:



Cervical length was just amazing. Still holding firm at just over 3 cm, still no funneling. My OB is really confident that it's the Shirodkar being so high/tight that is doing this for us. I feel better and better about that decision every week.

I managed to pee on my hand for the sixth week in a row, despite my best efforts to break the streak. I'm going to try not to keep track anymore - this is embarrassing. I gained a couple of pounds (which is good), and was reassured that, while I don't look 30 weeks pregnant (I apparently have a long torso for someone around 5'2"), I'm measuring that way and that she's healthy. That is all that I needed to hear.

22 comments:

Lizy said...

So happy that she is growing and growing.... Hugs to you... Lizy

Anonymous said...

Look at those beautiful lips and nose!! Oh my goodness! So sweet!

Huge congrats on your cervix!!

Jen said...

I get so relieved every time I read one of your updates! I'm so excited for you!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Lizy - thank you so much! I can't believe she's so big, either! :)

Tiffany - Aren't they just precious?! I know I'm biased, but they just make me smile. :)

Jen - You are so incredibly sweet! I know you know so well how these appointments are!

Anonymous said...

Angie, love this update!! Love love love this!! This brought a smile to an otherwise crazy day :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I'm so glad it made you smile, Jess! :D I was so excited to be able to post it!!

Anonymous said...

This is an embarrassing comment to leave, but you can ask the nurse for a "hat" to tinkle in. It fits on the toilet and you tinkle, then transfer the contents to a cup. I have the same problem and that is the solution for me!

S.I.F. said...

My heart just stopped seeing that ultrasound! She looks so perfect!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a perfect little face!! So beautiful!! So glad to hear she's growing well!!

Michele said...

She is so beautiful!!!

And I am just so happy to hear your good cervical news! Over the moon!

jill said...

Great news :) I hear ya on the hand-peeing - sadly I do it too.

Tina said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

Cape Girl said...

What a great update! Everything sounds so fabulous! I'm always so happy to hear such great news from you.

XOXO

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

Wow--congrats! So happy for you!!!

Holly said...

Sounds like a great appointment! Happy to hear!

With Out My Punkin said...

How cute!! BG ha a big dome too! Not comforting when you don't know when she is coming :) Yeah for your cervix.
You crack me up- you should keep track of how often you pee on your hand and that can be one thing you will tell her, you know I peed on my hand every week when I was pregnant with you! lol

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Okay, so I just logged on after work, and am so grateful for all of your sweet, sweet comments! You guys are such an amazing support system! :)

With Out My Punkin - You know, I might put it in the little calendar I've been keeping! I keep recording her heartbeat rates and everything, why not let her know how many times I grossed myself out for her? :)

Rachel said...

I love, love, love reading your good news! I truly am over-the-moon happy for you and JTD.

She's beautiful, by the way :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Rachel, you always make me cry with your sweetness. :)

Christy said...

GORGEOUS! Love it!!!!! I'm so, so thankful for your updates and to know that everything is going well. Thinking of you and baby and Maddie always...

cheryllookingforward said...

I know I'm way behind, but I wanted you to know I'm still thinking about you and I'm so happy everything is going so great. I'm going to have lots of c-section advice for you!
xxoo

Anonymous said...

I love these posts because it puts a huge smile on my face to know that you and Baby A. are doing so well! You are AMAZING!