Monday, May 24, 2010

31 weeks 2 days - Progress

I find myself sometimes not knowing what to post here... I don't want to jinx what's going so well with little Jota/Baby A by saying too much (I'm not even superstitious normally), and I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable by posting about her too much... At the same time, I feel so positive that her story and Maddie's are intricately linked. Please, if anyone has any problems or difficulties at all reading about this, know that I do not intend any harm and totally understand if it's too hard to read this. I'm so grateful for the love and support.


Good, productive weekend. In a rare foray out of the house, my husband pushed me in a wheelchair around Babies R Us. It was a great look - luckily it was empty in there so nobody stared, and we just got in/out (I came prepared with a list that is chock full of what I want, the prices, and item numbers, so that there are no questions - I'm a little compulsive). We got our bouncer chair (which I put together entirely on my own - why don't the instructions have any words?!?), and bought the Angelcare monitor. (I almost wonder if that company realizes that they have a built-in market with lots of baby loss mamas?) We've had the car seat/stroller touring system thingy since I was pregnant with Maddie, but we just got it put together yesterday - now we just have to figure out how to install the two bases, and get them checked. JTD's mom was amazing, and sent us the co-sleeper/bassinet deal for which we'd registered (LINK) - we'll be using it as a bassinet, since I don't want to get my blankets anywhere near her on accident. Still a lot of stuff to put together, and some stuff to buy, but I feel like we're slowly getting ready... which is good, since I turned 31 weeks on Saturday!

I'd gotten the diaper bag I had been wanting a few months ago (from the company's discount site, thank-you-very-much), but just got around this weekend to starting to put some things in there for bringing her home from the hospital. I'd had a hospital bag packed for me in case I went into labor super-early, but I had been having troubles putting together stuff for her (again, I don't want to jinx anything). I am slowly gaining confidence every day, though, which is a wonderful feeling.

In other, much less important news, I realized something today: I have pretty much destroyed my couch from lying on it for the past 4+ months. I apparently am not as good as I like to think at getting food to my mouth (luckily it's leather), and I think it's getting a permanent indentation around my belly area. These restrictions have consequences I never imagined!
 
I may have overused my quota for parentheses today, so I'll just sign off by wishing everyone well.

12 comments:

Holly said...

I'm glad things are going so well!! We have an Angelcare monitor. Actually bought it before Carleigh for my daughter Kyndra. Even then I was paranoid that she might quit breathing.

Christy said...

I feel the exact same way about posting---I feel like I either have nothing to say, or the same exact things to say. I feel so much hope that this girl will get to come home with me (and yours with you!) but it's hard to say out loud. Even admitting that I'm preparing for her is upsetting, because, I feel like I am going to jinx it. And I totally AM superstitious. But I want her to know how loved and wanted she is. And I want to be ready!
I think you're doing an amazing job! I got the angelcare monitor and the cosleeper, too!

Heather said...

I'm glad things are going so well and that you were able to get a lot of the things you need!!! So, sounds like I need to look into Angelcare monitors!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Holly - I think we would have gotten one with Maddie, too, if I'd ever heard of it. It just makes so much sense.

Christy - I totally, totally get it. It's such a huge step, and it makes you so nervous to even THINK about preparing. What if, what if, what if. You put it so perfectly, though - I also want her to know that she's loved and celebrated. It's so tough. You'll have to let me know what you think of both!

Heather - let me know if you want any info on them!! :)

Jen said...

Glad to see that you got the angelcare monitor! I'm glad that you are preparing for Jota and I hope the next 8 weeks fly by for you!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear all is well. Which Angelcare did you get? I see two different ones online at Babies R Us? Are you getting a regular monitor in addition too?

Anonymous said...

I love reading about the progress you are making. It gives me hope!!

Im keeping you all in my thoughts!!

S.I.F. said...

I love hearing about you truly starting to enjoy this! You should be lady! There is a perfect little miracle inside of you just rolling around in your love right now! :)

Michele said...

I'm so happy to hear such great news!

Momof3inVA said...

Here's to your ruined, indented leather couch!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You guys are all just amazing - thank you so, so much. :)

With Out My Punkin said...

Sorry to hear about your couch! It has gotten some extra love!! :)
I feel like I have nothing to say when I post and if i do I am such a terrible writer it just sounds blaa. If I write about BG its pretty much the same thing... I have not packed my bag, but packed hers and I keep adding to the bag... Glad that you are preparing for baby Jota!