Sunday, June 06, 2010

11 months tomorrow

Tomorrow (6/7/10) will be Maddie's 11-month birthday in Heaven.  We've got breastfeeding class tomorrow night, so I won't be able to post tomorrow - but I wanted to remember my perfect little gift.

I have been having a really hard time with missing her lately.  I always miss her, but it's been more acute lately.  I think what keeps getting me is that I keep thinking, "I think I've learned everything I can from this situation, God, and I'm trying to be a better person - may I please have her back now?"  I just feel like I have tried to learn from this, now I "should" get to have her back.  I know there's no "should," though - there just is. 

What "is" is a beautiful gift every day that I treasure.  My life is so enriched every day by my Madeleine Rose, and I would never, ever give up a second that I had with her.  I wish to hold both of my little girls in my arms, but I trust that I'll get that opportunity in Heaven.

Happy 11-month birthday, Maddie.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maddie has encriched all of our lives. I think of her regularly and she IS and important person.

Thank you for sharing your angel with us all.

Happy 11 month Birthday Beautiful Perfect Maddie!

Rachel said...

Happy 11 month birthday, Maddie!

Thinking of you and JTD today and always...

crystal theresa said...

Happy 11 months to your beautiful little girl! ((hugs))

S.I.F. said...

Happy birthday little girl... And to her beautiful mommy: you feel whatever you need to feel! Not seconds guilt over that - ever!

Heather said...

Happy 11 months, Maddie!

Remembering and missing her with you today.

Jen said...

Happy 11 months, Maddie!

I think a rainbow baby sometimes compounds our grief, actually. We are so blessed to be given another chance, to have hope again...but, another baby reminds of us of everything we are missing with our precious babies ((HUGS))

Nan & Mike said...

Remembering your sweet little angel with you - hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Happiest Birthday to your beautiful little girl and gentle hugs to you. You, JTD, Maddie, and Baby A. are in my thoughts daily. I am so grateful for your friendship and for your willingness to share Maddie with all of us, reminding us that we aren't alone in our grief.

Good luck with breastfeeding class tonight!

Jill said...

Happy 11 months to your sweet Maddie! I will be thinking of you both. xo

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and Maddy today. *huge hugs*

I totally get that you feel you should get Maddy back. I feel like I have learned so much in these past eleven months and wish he would come back, but Angie you will hold ALL your babies in heaven one day. *hugs*

With Out My Punkin said...

Happy 11th months baby girl ((hugs)) Thinking of you

Holly said...

If only we could get them back! ((hug)) Happy 11 months

Cape Girl said...

Happy Birthday Maddie!

Sending lots of love.....

Michele said...

happy birthday, sweet girl...