Thursday, June 10, 2010

33w5d - OB appt yesterday

I didn't get a chance to post this last night, but I had my OB appointment yesterday.  It was actually really, really productive in terms of information:

1.  I am about 1 cm dilated, and about 58% effaced.  (I thought that was a nice, round number.)  I asked my OB if he thought that I'd go full-term with those number - he's actually pretty convinced that Baby A/Jota will go to the scheduled C-section date, which brings me to #2...

2.  Tentative C-section date is July 20!  Since my due date is July 24, this is a little later than I'd like to wait (I'd rather go the week before on the 13th, since he schedules surgery on Tuesdays), but it's longer that I get to keep feeling baby girl!

3.  We're keeping the cerclage in place!  My peri hadn't had the courtesy to call my OB back after last week's appointment (I'm a little annoyed by that), so he called them again with JTD and I sitting there.  He was pretty frank about not thinking that I need it removed, and the peri eventually relented.  We're already having a C-section, so there's no reason at all to put me through another spinal, do another incision, etc. to take it out.

4.  I asked if I could try going back to work for a few hours at a time.  He wasn't thrilled about it, so we're going to try it for one day next week from 2:30 - 5.  If I'm in as much pain as I was at the BFing class, I will just do what he said and stay home.

5.  Next week will be my last cervical ultrasound - because, at 34 weeks, they just won't stop labor if I go into it fully.  It'll be a little sad to not get to see her beautiful face again until she's born, but what an amazing milestone!

Our couples shower is this coming Saturday night - we're so excited!  We get to just relax and have fun, and see so many good friends - I couldn't be more thrilled.

11 comments:

Holly said...

You're getting closer to the big date!! I hope you enjoy your shower

Heather said...

I'm so glad things are going well and you are sooo close!!! I can't wait to hear all about baby Jota's birth! And I love the idea of a couple's shower. :)

jill said...

Whoa baby you are so close! July 20th!! :)

So glad you get to keep the cerclage in - sounds like that is the best decision for you.

Hope you have a blast at the shower!

S.I.F. said...

When I first started reading you, you were so unsure whether or not this baby was going to stick. So hesitant to feel the joy and afraid of what was to come. You have come so far lady, and this post just has me in tears because it reminds me of that. You are going to meet your little girl so soon!

S.I.F. said...

When I first started reading you, you were so unsure whether or not this baby was going to stick. So hesitant to feel the joy and afraid of what was to come. You have come so far lady, and this post just has me in tears because it reminds me of that. You are going to meet your little girl so soon!

cheryllookingforward said...

Have a great shower! I will work on my C-section post so I can tell you everything I wish I knew before you go in!

Christy said...

This is great news!!!! I'm so glad you get to keep the cerclage in place and that you have a tentative C-sect date!!!!!!
I can't wait to hear about your couples shower and how much fun it is-make sure to take some pictures!!!
Please don't push yourself at work-I know you must be going crazy, but just take care of you :) I know you will, though.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You guys are all so amazing - I am just so grateful for all of this support! We're really excited about the cerclage staying in, having an actual C-section DATE, and the shower! I promise to keep myself in line at work.

Cheryl, I can't wait for the C-section story - it will help me prep so much! :)

Jill said...

Oh wow, you are getting so close to meeting baby Jota! July 20th is a special day for me. It is my dads birthday and the day we found out Emma and Chase was a girl and boy.

Hope you enjoy the shower! :)

Cape Girl said...

Everything sounds awesome! I can't believe that it's getting so close. It seems like time goes so slow and so quickly at the same time.

I'm sure the shower will be awesome. A couple's shower is such a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds so good!! Very exciting :)

I am very excited for you for your shower!! :)