Wednesday, June 16, 2010

34 weeks 4 days - OB Visit

Well, I'm 34 weeks 4 days by my count, but he keeps saying 34 weeks 5 days - so we'll say both.  Here are the top three highlights from today's OB visit:

1.  My blood sugar got super-low while I was waiting for my appointment, and so there was this whole drama with getting me juice and everything, since I was about to pass out.

2.  My OB gave me a fist bump.  I didn't want to leave him hanging, so I made the little explosion sound to humor myself.

3.  On the way home, I got a roast beef from Arby's to try and get blood sugar up, and I'm pretty sure I ate part of the tin foil wrapper on accident.  Maybe I wasn't ready to drive myself home when my husband called me from work.

The appointment went well other than that, in a much less remarkable fashion.  I gained only 1 lb., and am measuring 33 weeks - but that's up a cm from last week, so I consider it a victory.  The u/s went well - lost about .25 cm of cervical length, but that's expected with as effaced as I am.  Baby A looked great - 143 bpm, and plenty of fluid.  This was our last ever ultrasound with her, which is a little sad - but so happy at the same time to know that we're past the danger zone where we need those.

15 comments:

Michele said...

woo hoo!!!

Jill said...

Sounds like an exciting day. Hope your blood sugar is good now. I can't believe you are 34 weeks! So exciting!

PS I think I would start laughing out loud if my doctor tried to fist bump me :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Jill - I almost lost it. I had to text my husband that immediately - it slayed me!

Heather said...

I'm so sorry for the blood sugar, but glad it was resolved! Yay for 34 weeks! You are in a very good place now. :)

You are so funny!

Franchesca said...

glad to hear that things are looking up :)

Nan & Mike said...

You are doing so great! And you are going into these appointments by yourself? Props mama. I make hubby go with me to every single one! ANd dont worry, tin foil comes out like it went in, first hand experience speaking LOL. You crack me up :)
Thank you also for the sweet note you left on my blog. Hugs and happy almost 35 weeks xxx

S.I.F. said...

She is coming so soon!! So exciting!

Rachel said...

Great news! I cannot believe you are so far almost 35 weeks!!! I love the fist bump piece :)

I can't wait to see pics of Baby Jota in a few weeks!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! 34 weeks is wonderful!! Congrats, but I hope that blood sugar comes up :)

Momof3inVA said...

CONGRATS on 34 weeks and 4 (maybe 5) days!

I just laughed out loud about the fist bump...too funny!!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You guys are amazing - thank you so, so much! I'm so glad that the little pieces of humor, etc. amuse you, too. The fist bump and eating foil still have me laughing. We'll see how the foil goes as my stomach digests it...

Holly said...

Had to laugh at the fist bump!! :)

With Out My Punkin said...

If I waited to eat lunch I would eat some of my hand! Yeah for 34 weeks and 5 days or 6 days :). Fist pump hua, thats funny! Keep up the good work momma!!

Christy said...

Loving the visual of the fist pump, and so glad to hear that you are 35 weeks! So amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet her!

Cape Girl said...

Wow! I can't believe the time is so close!!! This is amazing!

I think tin foil is really good for blood sugar. You really crack me up!

What is it with grown men and the fist bump?!? It's too funny!