Another OB appointment today! Another instance of peeing on my own hand, which is just expected at this point. I gained one pound (still not making up a ton of ground, but I'm at a total of 14 lbs at this point). The great news is that I'm measuring right on with the measuring tape - I was at 35 weeks this time, up from 33 last week. That explains why my belly button got so much more shallow over the last week (which is creepy, by the way). I still apparently don't look very big at all - a friend this weekend kept saying, "Oh, you're so LITTLE!" I wasn't really as appreciative of that as I might have been.
We didn't actually do a full cervical exam today, so I don't know how dilated I am. What we DID do was the Group B strep test. Um... wow, that sucks. I'm not going to get too much into it because I have a couple of guy friends who read this blog, but I didn't really totally know what all was involved in it. And my OB does the second part of the swab as a ninja attack - he explained to me afterwards that he doesn't tell women what's coming ahead of time because then they won't let him do it. :) My husband was gravely disappointed that he wasn't able to attend this appointment when I told him about propelling myself across the exam table.
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
Yay that you're measuring right on this week! That's awesome.
I'm actually very sensitive to the "You're huge!" or "OMG you look so small!" I think it's a bad thing to comment on people's size. I remember with Wyatt, I wanted to look pregnant and people would say that you could hardly tell! And my best friend always has people telling her her belly looks huge and she's probably going to have a 10 pound baby! She's always upset about it! I think "You look great." Is what should be said!!!
PS..I'm googling the strep test thing....I have to know!
XOXO
Cape Girl - the first swab is like a PAP, but the second is not. It was an unpleasant surprise!
I couldn't agree more about the size comments! It amazes me that people feel like they can call you fat or skinny just because you're pregnant!
I had no idea that they do Group B tests on women who are having scheduled c-sections! If it is positive will they give you two rounds of antibiotics before surgery? (And dude. The whole thing is just wrong. WRONG.)
And YEAH for measuring on track!
I knew what was coming and I STILL launched myself across the table... yeah... it's.. um... unpleasant... *shudder*
Glad things are going so well!!! Almost there!!!
Driven to Distraction - I was surprised they did it, too? I knew it was really only an issue for regular delivery. I didn't even hear if/when they're going to call me back - I was in too much shock to ask!
pottymouthmommy - LOL, that makes me feel so much better! I just was NOT a fan!
THose sneak attacks are horrible!! My OB did one on me two weeks ago when they thought I was in labor. Holy butt swab batman!
I think that people feel the need to make a comment. I hear "Youre huge" or "it must be twins" all the time. Ive just decided that its because people have a need to make a comment about our beautiful bellies!
Im so excited for you!! Grow baby Grow!
Ick!! Why did I just Google that?!?!
I freaked out a little and began to cry when I read that you are almost 36 weeks. I am almost to happy for you!!!
You are doing great! And measuring on target- perfect!!!
Ohh, those exams are awful!!! I'm glad you survived it and it's OVER!
Glad to hear everything is on track :)
I have no idea what the group b test involves and now I'm really curious 'cause it sounds scary... ohh google...
I've learned from reading blogs that it's never good to comment on a pregnant woman's size, either way. I always just say, "You look great!" :)
35.5 weeks...WOW!
I don't want to know any more about this strep test; it doesn't seem pleasant.
I don't get the "you're so small" or "you're so huge" comments. Who says those things? Yesterday a friend of mine posted on FB that a woman she didn't know went on and on--touching her belly--telling her she KNEW she is having a boy because she's 'carrying up front.' Really people?
Again, I'm so thrilled you're 35.5 weeks!!!
i'm so glas to hear that everything is going good and baby girl keeps growing - wont be long now!!!!
this all sounds like wonderful news!! Baby is on track, but curious about the step thing hmmm....
You guys all made me laugh - I'm so glad that I wasn't alone in not knowing what was coming, nor in being grossed out when I found out! :)
I'm also so glad that everyone else kind of is annoyed by the size comments! I wouldn't walk up to a guy on the street and tell him that he had really big ears! ;) There is something about a baby that makes everyone feel like they can chime in, though, isn't there?
Ah, the fun strep B. Wonderful. (not)
Post a Comment