There's not a whole ton new to post - the latest she can possibly be born is three weeks from today, so that's reassuring.
It felt like she was trying to make a jailbreak on Sunday night, however. I'd gone to work for about 2.5 hours on Friday (I begged my OB to let me go, and he let me do it on a trial basis). The weekend afterwards was pretty rough, but I started having some pretty strong contractions on Sunday evening. (I've been having contractions of some nature since 18 weeks, but these are way stronger.) They were going every 11 minutes, then went down to every 8. At that point we started debating heading into L&D... and then they slowed to a near-stop. While it was great news, I am curious about what it means for the next few weeks! Our next OB appointment is this coming Thursday. I'm curious to see how dilated I am at that appointment.
Maddie's birthday will be next Wednesday, July 7. It's so hard to believe it's been almost an entire year since I got to hold that perfect little girl in my arms. Unfortunately, my husband has to work extra hours that day (I was able to take the day off) - I am going to see if I can get out of the house and get some balloons for a release after he gets home at 10pm, or something like that. I love all of the parties that so many BLMs have, but I feel like this needs to be a very private thing for JTD and I.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



11 comments:
I think you should definitely celebrate Mattie's life in a way that YOU feel is best. I think a private balloon release would be just lovely. I doubt we will have a big bash either - it would just be out of character for us. I can't believe it's been a year. When I first started reading your blog it had been about 8 weeks I think...
And I can't wait until Jota makes her appearance - it's hard to believe it's almost time for her to come, too!!! So exciting!
I love the way others have their parties, too, but I'm the same way as you. Our celebration will be just us.
I am so excited that Jota is almost here. This is amazing!
Heather - it has been so long and so short for both of us, hasn't it? I am just so grateful for all of our little ones.
Cape Girl - it sounds like we are very similar. It just feels right for it to be just us, as her birth was.
Even without a big party, I will be thinking of her. And wishing her a happy birthday in my own little way. Maybe even with a small piece of cake!
I cant wait to see perfect little Jota!!
I know I will be thinking about Maddie for you as well... you celebrate however you need to, but know there is someone in Alaska remembering your little girl on her special day!
I totally agree with Heather. You should celebrate as YOU feel best. In a way that feels comforting and perfect for you guys. We started having private celebrations on their actual birthdays and then inviting family over the next day for their special dinners. We've decided to continue that with Bobby and Maya too.
Thinking of you and Maddie, and also the new arrival on her way ... we will celebrate both your angel and Jota when she comes.
Missing Maddie with you. *huge hugs*
It means so much to get off of work in the evening and see all of these lovely, beautiful posts. Others remembering our girl makes me so happy and proud - I thank you all, and send you all love.
Ugh, I don't know why I spelled Maddie's name with t's! I know how it is spelled! I think I did that once before - I think it's because I know we spell our daughter's names different, so since we used "Maddie" I keep wanting to use the other spelling for you. I'm so sorry - I feel awful about it!
Oh, Heather, I didn't think a thing of it. I always double-check myself with "Maddy," too, so don't you even remotely feel bad. :)
Post a Comment