Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Milestones

Tiny milestones!

201 - Number of blog posts
5 - Number of years JTD and I will have been married on Friday
6 weeks 2 days - Number of days old my baby girl is
Millions - Number of smiles she's given me today (she's SO happy!)
9 lbs. 14 oz. - Size Alice was yesterday when weighed.

Let's see... what else.

- I've been researching Attachment Parenting a ton.  It is a philosophy to which I naturally subscribe, so it works great - I also have a couple of friends who are subscribers, so it's been great to get insight.  I could never let my poor baby "cry it out" - I think my heart would break.  :(  I understand those who do, I just can't.

- I went to a Breastfeeding Fair at the hospital where JTD works yesterday.  I will try and get a picture of Alice in her "I Love Breastmilk" onesie they gave out sometime soon and post it.

- I have ordered a Beco Butterfly 2 carrier, and can't wait for it to get here.  I have a Hotsling, but it just doesn't work the greatest.  I have technical difficulties with the Moby wrap a friend loaned me, apparently, as well.

- Try and resist this face.  I dare you.  (Poor quality of picture from the camera phone, but she's still relentlessly adorable.)

Is it wrong that I compare other babies to her, and just think she is the loveliest thing on Earth?

14 comments:

Michele said...

I just LOVE A.P. and I highly recommend a Moby wrap if you dont have one already. Takes A.P. to a whole new level!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Michele, you're the best!! I am so glad to hear of someone else who is into A.P. - and you're the best with suggestions!

jrose35 said...

She is the sweetest!! I love her cute smile! We love our carrier and I am loving taking her out everyday!

Cape Girl said...

She is so cute and what a smile!!! Congrats on the milestones!!!

S.I.F. said...

Perfect! Just perfect!

still life angie said...

She is so gorgeous. That little smile just melts you. Do you want a pony, Alice? Sure. No problem.

I have to say that the Ergo is about the best thing I ever bought. I bought it with Beatrice, and use it constantly with Thor. I can wear him for hours, literally, without getting sore points. (Yeah, AP up in these parts too.)

cheryllookingforward said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Rachel said...

Relentlessly adorable? I second that! I seriously don't understand how you get anything done other than just sitting and staring at all her adorableness!

Anonymous said...

she is completely adorable. You have every right to think she is the loveliest thing on the planet! She is your pride and joy and it doesn't hurt that she is pretty adorable :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You guys are all so very, very sweet! I just can't stop bragging her up. :)

Still Life Angie - You made my day, since our Beco is very similar to an Ergo. I don't plan to ever let her down now!! :)

Jill said...

She is just so precious. No words other than precious :)

Lynn said...

Happy belated anniversary! Alice is just the darn cutest thing EVER! That face is so smiley :D I know you just melt everytime you look at her :D

jill said...

Happy belated anniversary from me too! We are on year 5 as well :)

She is so beautiful!

Jim and Amy Rennie said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Alice is so gorgeous. And NO, it's not wrong that you compare her and think she is the loveliest . . .I do the same with my Amelie. I think EVERY mother should feel that way about her babies. :)