Wednesday, January 13, 2010

27 weeks 1 day - NT scan

Just wanted to post a quick blog after the NT scan. What we have discovered is that we have a very beautiful, incredibly active, very obstinate baby! We scanned for 50 minutes, and the pictures that we got of the nuchal fold are good, but not great. Any time we’d get close to all of the needed points, Baby Jota would roll onto his/her side (or even belly!). One time we even saw a somersault!


They’re pretty sure that the scans that they got were good enough for results, though. They look for a measurement under 30, and ours was 14. Just perfect, but I’m supposed to call next Monday morning before my cerclage for my results.

Heartbeat was 158 bpm, and I was measuring one day ahead (measuring 12w5d, am 12w4d). I think the baby has my nose, just like Maddie did. He/she kept either sucking a thumb or waving at us (we definitely saw five fingers on at least one hand), had his/her little legs crossed, and was just never still. It was so beautiful!





11 comments:

Cape Girl said...

What great pics! I'm so glad everything went well, and that the baby was so active. Measuring a day ahead, too! That's wonderful. So happy to hear all good news!

cheryllookingforward said...

Congratulations! Those are great pictures and I'm thrilled to hear the measurement looked good! I hope they got what they needed. Yeah!!!!!!!!
You have a beautiful baby in there!

Jill said...

So happy to hear the measurements are good! I love the pictures. Thank you for sharing them!

Leda said...

I am just so thrilled that your active little one is doing great!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! Beautiful, beautiful pictures. I am so glad that everything looks as it should and that Baby Jota is thriving!

Rachel said...

Such a cute picture! Yay! I'm so happy to hear all your good news :)

Holly said...

I'm glad the results looked good!! It's so awesome to see them moving around on the screen.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You guys are all making my day - I'm so glad that you all think my baby is as beautiful as I do! :) I have about a 55-minute DVD to watch with my husband tonight! ;)

Heather said...

Oh Angie! This brings tears to my eyes!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thank you so much, Heather! You are so sweet - that's so touching.

Anonymous said...

Jota is beautiful!! I am so glad that all is well. :)