Tuesday, January 19, 2010

28 weeks - Better Day

Just a quick update.  Yesterday and last night were really rough.  I was in a bit of pain from the cerclage (apparently the Shirodkar cerclage is considered major surgery, and that's why they kept me overnight), the short cervical length was FREAKING ME OUT, and I couldn't stop throwing up from the morphine.

This morning, however, went a lot better.  The peri came in before we had our cervical length ultrasound, and we talked a bit.  He's ordering complete bedrest through next Tuesday at least (when I see him again) - I'd been planning on going back to work this coming Thursday, but we're changing that.  The ultrasound went fantstic - apparently I have almost no cervix on the outside of the uterus, but I measured between 4.5 and 5 cm total.  It was a huge relief.  Baby looked fantastic, was wiggling and measuring two days ahead, and so on.

I'm going to try and catch up on blogs, etc. - but I'm just beat!

15 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness...you had me concerned, Girlfriend! I was beginning to get worried!

Okay, now I can go to bed :)

Cape Girl said...

Thank God!!! That's great news, I was worried about the measurements! Take it easy...Hope its a speedy recovery from here.

Bree said...

I had a feeling you'd need more time off work. I'm do glad you're taking more time to rest. Your CL is still really, really good. Mine has never measured over 3.3. I'm off to my drs appt now. I'll email you later. :) Sending love and hugs!

Allison (Ali) said...

I'm glad that it looks like things are good. I've been thinking about you

Leda said...

I am so happy to hear that today has been a better day. Last night sounds absolutely horrible, the things we do to have beatiful little ones. Everyone on our board has been wishing you well, I will try to direct them over here.

Heather said...

Relax and don't worry about our blogs - just get the rest you need!

I'm glad you are able to take more time off work and that baby is looking good! I remember thinking the ONLY good thing about being high risk (if there is anything good to find in it) was being able to get so many ultrasounds. :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You guys are all just so amazing. I'm sorry I've been moving kind of slow today - still a little more sore than I expected, and definitely sleepy (I didn't sleep the last couple of nights much - first from being anxious about the surgery, last night about the CL!).

Holly said...

I'm glad to hear your cervical length is good!

cheryllookingforward said...

This is great news.
I'm sorry you'll be on bed rest, but it's good they are keeping on top of your care.
I'll keep thinking about you and sending you good wishes!!!

Anonymous said...

Angie, that sounds like great news!!

S.I.F. said...

I am so glad that everything is going well, and I am even more glad that my embarrasing story made me laugh! You need all the giggles you can get right now; laughter is the best medicine! You and your little one are in my thoughts every day...

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You guys are so wonderful, and I just can't say how much the kind words help me to stop worrying!

Michele said...

Praying for you.

(And ugh about the morphine. That is my response to it as well. :( )

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Oh, Michele, poor thing - the morphine reactions just stink. You already feel bad from surgery, but even worse because you're miserable. You're so sweet!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy and relieved for you to find out that things look great!