Just a quick update while eating a bite - I received a callback late yesterday afternoon from the peri's nurse. No real answers on the red dots except that my blood tests were good from when I was in the hospital for surgery, so we should just watch them and call if they get worse. Just to be safe, they're keeping me on bedrest for another two weeks and then will reassess on 2/9 to see what's best at that time. I'm so happy to do it with the knowledge that it's what's safest for the baby, but my hips/back/neck are less enthused.
A huge thanks for all of the sweet responses!!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
Bedrest is tough, but you can do it! Do you have a body pillow? That was a must have for me!
Wishing you patience with the bedrest! Can you do stretches from the couch/bed while on bedrest?
Michele - I do upstairs! I'll have my husband bring it down - I never even thought of that! I'm trying not to be flat on my back, so that's perfect!
Jill - that's so sweet! I try to do a few stretches as much as I can while making sure it doesn't stretch my belly or anything. So far, it does seem to help - it's just that my couch and laptop aren't set up great. Since I'm working from home, I have to be on there all day long (which is a blessing, but just awkward).
Two more weeks! But I know it's better to be on bed rest... I hope the time goes by quickly and safely and you and your body pillow can be in love :)
As long as it doesn't make me overheat, Cheryl! :)
Glad to hear the blood tests were good. That's stinky about the bedrest! I hope the stretching keeps you from being too achy....
So... Are you on strict bedrest? Like laying down all day long bedrest? I'm sorry. It is painful! But, will be worth it. Hang in there. Sending good thoughts your way!
Cape Girl - thank you so much!! I'm hoping it all is okay!
Bree - strict bedrest. I can shower and go to the bathroom, but no preparing meals, working, sitting up, etc. My neck is the victim today!
Belated happy birthday, sweetie! ((hugs)) Sorry about the red dots; I hope they go away soon! Sorry about the bedrest and your aching neck, too :(. i know you're more than willing to do whatever you can keep your baby safe and i'm so happy you're at 29 weeks now! it's weird because it seems like time has gone so fast - i still remember your posts on BBC on being in the wait. though it may not seem to be moving so fast on your side of things :). bet ya can't wait to be holding that baby in your arms!
It will all be worth it in the end... In the meantime though, you need some really amazing shows from netflix! The ones with 4 or more seasons are always the best for killing time!
Ah Ang hang in there, time does move very slowly when you can't do anything. But once you are up and at it again time is going to fly. Just keep your head up and stay positive. Remember all the uncomfort is so worth it in the end. Easier said than done, but I was off work for the last 2 months of my preg which seemed to take forever. Hang in there and much love and prayers.
Amy
Just caught up on your posts. That is weird about the dots. I hope it is nothing and it goes away!
oh Angie, I am thinking of you. I can understand you doing what you have to do. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment