Tuesday, January 26, 2010

29 weeks - Dr's Appt

Well, that was a little anticlimactic.  I was all worked up about getting to the perinatologist this morning due to the blizzard we got yesterday and last night.  My husband and I made it down there, and had the ultrasound.  It was great - baby looked perfect and is just as active as ever (and still not showing us his/her goodies).  Length was about 4.10 cm, and it was probably a more accurate measurement than we got in the hospital.  So, I asked if we'd be going right in to see the dr, since he'd said he'd see us (I wanted to show him the red dots, ask about continuing bedrest, etc.).  I found out that he wasn't in yet this morning, and either he or a nurse would call me.  Oh.  So, nobody's checking out the red dots that still cover me (although they're getting better), and I am just biding time.  I called again a little before noon, but he'd just stopped in and had to step right back out.  So, back to waiting.

I've had time lately to think a lot about doctor's appointments, however, and I've come to a decision about gyno/OB appointments.  I've decided that it's the best thing possible if they don't remember my whatnot.  These doctors see thousands and thousands of women, and I'm pretty sure they don't say, "Oh, that Sally Jones, she had a really great vagina."  I'm pretty sure that the only reason that they remember your body parts is because of something bad.  I don't want them to say, "Oh, yeah, she had that really strange bump," or anything like that.  I'd like to be as non-descript as possible.  Same goes with my cervical issues here - I want my cervix to be unmemorable.  I don't like that it was "really short" during the surgery.  I hope that the rest of our appointments serve to be totally blase for all involved.

12 comments:

jill said...

I whole-heartedly AGREE! I don't want any doctor to remember my va-jayjay for any reason. ever. haha

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Jill, that's awesome. I am totally with you - I don't want people to be able to have a discussion about it at any point.

Anonymous said...

I agree and I wonder sometimes the type of conversations these docs have between patients. LOL

Cape Girl said...

I agree, too!!! Glad to hear the ultrasound was great and that the dots are diminishing.

S.I.F. said...

I feel the SAME WAY! I get all stressed when I don't get a call right back after lab work or ultrasounds (to check for new endo growth), but then I remember that the times I do get immediate call backs are the times when the news is not so good... I'd rather they forget me!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I was so worried that you guys were going to think I was a freak - I'm so glad to hear that everyone has the same thoughts about the doctor!

Thank you so much for all the well wishes!

cheryllookingforward said...

hahaha! I want them to remember me for my sparkling personality... but that hasn't happened yet, either!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Cheryl, I'm with you! Remember me for everything above the shoulders, please!!

Lynn said...

Yup, have to say I'm right there as well. It makes me happier if there is nothing remarkable about my girl stuff. That way, it seems unlikely there is anything seriously wrong.

I hope you hear something soon about what the red bumps are and that its nothing too serious. Glad to hear the little one was moving about and doing good!

Michele said...

I also wonder. Do they say "Oh, that's Mrs Haytko; she has a poor obstetrics history." Ugh I hope not!

Heather said...

Yeah - I don't want my stuff being notable either!

I'm glad the red bumps are getting better...

Rachel said...

Too funny! I was so worried when you didn't post after your appointment that I went back to check once again before going to sleep. Of course I wanted to comment then but our stupid connection wasn't good enough and it's been horrible all day. I wanted you to know I was thinking about you, though!