Friday, February 18, 2011

Small Miracles

Franchesca is an inspiration!  Join the Small Miracles Blog Hop to share those small things that give you hope - we all need more of it!

On our bedroom dresser, we have an entire area dedicated just to Maddie.  It has her picture and urn, all of the flower petals we were given for her, a statue, and several other things.  It's a wonderfully special area, and it is a blessing for me to look at it each night as I'm going to sleep.

Alice and I often play upstairs on the bed when she wakes up.  Ever since she was a newborn, I will always find her staring at Maddie's urn, gazing intently at it.  My girls are fraternal twins, conceived from the same in-vitro cycle but transferred during two different frozen embryo transfers.  This is a tiny thing, but it lets me know that my girls have a close bond that transcends even an earthly divide.

7 comments:

Franchesca said...

That is so amazing!! Your last line gave me chills, it is so true.. "it lets me know that my girls have a close bond that transcends even an earthly divide."

Just beautiful.

xxoo

DandelionBreeze said...

What a beautiful line and so special she's aware of her sister. Sorry to hear about you loss and hear to share the journey with you xo

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thank you so much, you guys!

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

Very special ;)

http://ecwrites.blogspot.com/2011/01/zeke-strength-of-god.html

S.I.F. said...

I love this friend... they will definitely ALWAYS be connected!

Bree said...

Oh my gosh, Angie. I just started noticing Nora doing the same thing. It's amazing. I think these little guys know more than they let on. I so wish Nora and Alice had Maddie and Ella here as their big sisters.

Anonymous said...

Angie, I don't know if you saw the post on FB about our babies starring off in strange directions with nothing around them to attract their attention, but we are starting to believe they know about their brothers or sisters...its almost like their presence in their siblings' lives is very real. The same is true for Maddie and Alice.