Thursday, September 24, 2009

11 weeks and 2 days - Ridiculous

I am trying to be an adult and just stay out of the situation with my parents' divorce.  I have not made a big deal out of the fact that my mom stopped speaking to me two weeks ago when I told her that I disagreed with her decision (despite the fact that she essentially abandoned me while I'm still intensely grieving). 

However, I was greviously disappointed yesterday when the first correspondence since then that I received was an e-mail (a forum which is in itself insulting) attempting to manipulate me into feeling sorry for her.  I am not going to allow this to happen.  I am not going to get pulled into this drama.  It doesn't help my grieving process or my process of preparing for the future.  Anger is wasted energy.  And, in all honesty, if you feed crazy, it grows.  I'm just not getting involved.  I can love my mother and still not want to get anywhere near this situation.

Physically - 5.5         Mentally - 7.5
Emotionally - 3.5      Spiritually - 8

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, you need to do what you need to do. *hugs* I am sure its difficult to stay out because you love your parents, but its for your benefit. If you need to chat, I am here. :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I again feel weird about sharing this with everyone, but I know that everyone here will understand how incredibly unneeded this all is right now. Thanks, Jess - you're great.

Tina said...

This is the last thing you need to deal with right now. I am so sorry that you are having to make the decision to saty uninvolved, but you need to put yourself first and continue with your healing. Thinking of you. xx

Michele said...

You are right. You can love her and stay out of this. Right now, your grieving and your healing is primary. You shouldnt feel bad for that and your family- especially- should support you in that. I am sorry that isnt the case right now.

Sending hugs...

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Tina and Michele, you ladies are wonderful. Thank you. I again feel just like we all have to be in a little bit of self-preservation mode during this time.