Today is our anniversary. What a wonderful day - four years ago, I stood in the 1000 degree heat and was wedded forever to the best person I know.
I wish that it was this that had entered my mind first thing this morning - but it was, of course, Maddie. It's so hard - today shouldn't be a day with any sadness. I should be 29w5d pregnant, JTD should be at still at his old job, things should be blissful. Instead, I feel like there's a dark cloud over the happiness we share today. There's something missing - I know that's normal, but I don't like it.
I kissed my husband awake, and we shared in the moment. I am so grateful for him, for what we share, for the fact that I truly know now how much of a gift our marriage is. I am so grateful to Maddie for helping me realize that fully. I'm so grateful to God for giving me that knowledge.
Physically - 7.5 Mentally - 7
Emotionally - 5.5 Spiritually - 8
Thursday, September 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Happy Anniversary Angie!! Its so hard when when what should be a day filled with excitement is filled with mixed emotion. It is so sweet to see how your love has grown in the face of adversity. *hugs and prayers*
You are just amazing, Jess - and I am so filled with the same feeling about you and Mike. I think this can truly break us apart or sew us together, and it's done so much for us all. *hugs*
Happy Anniversary... Have a beautiful day.
Thank you - truly. :)
Happy Anniversary! Special occasions are definitely the hardest. I hope you and your husband have a wonderful evening together.
You're so right - this was our first big thing besides her one-month birthday (the two-month is coming up on Monday). I hadn't even realized this might be hard, since it was our anniversary - but it was a reminder that we first started trying for her four years ago today, that we were going to be almost 3/4 of the way through the pregnancy... Just not what you expect!
Post a Comment