Well, so I posted yesterday that my peri appointment had to be moved to Thursday due to snow. (Since I'm a huge planner and incredibly impatient, this did not sit incredibly well.
So, of course, last night I started having some really odd, sharp pains that weren't normal, right around 9:45 or so. I've had lots of pressure and some cramping/pains since the cerclage, but this was new. It was sharper and I just wasn't comfortable with it. Since the snow was coming down hard, there was no way we could make it to the ER at the hospital that's 15 miles away, and the hospital just down the road from us is totally unprepared for my types of issues (they only have about 10 patient rooms, as it's a really small town).
I called the regular OB this morning, since they're way closer than the peri. I described my symptoms to a nurse, and she said that we should probably come in just to be safe. We got to the appointment, and they did an exam. Thank goodness, they're pretty sure it was just some really sharp ligament pain (apparently my ligaments are likely connected all of the way to the external organs, so I am feeling these much sharper than usual). The really good news is that my cervix was nice and long. She didn't do an ultrasound, but the examinations (both visual and manual) were positive - it sounds like I may have gotten some length back on the outside. I asked if she thought we should stay on the bedrest - she wants me to check with the peri, but it sounds like she thinks it's helping, and not worth stopping.
I feel like I can breathe for a bit - I know that I said a huge prayer of thanks for this blessing. It's too bad that we had to do the appointment on my husband's birthday right before he had to work - I'm sure he would have rather spent his morning relaxing!
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
Angie, this is such wonderful news including your cervical length. I am so excited for you. *hugs*
Thanks so much, Jess! It was this wonderful news when I was terrified!
Happy birthday to your husband! Not wonderful timing but so awesome that things are just fine and you were able to ease your mind before thurs! :)
Yay! I'm so glad you got seen and can exhale a bit. My appt went well too. Always thinking of you- sending lots of good energy!
That's awesome news! Now, that's a birthday gift if you ask me!! Hugs!
You ladies are just amazing - thank you for all the votes of confidence! :)
Bree, I was thinking of you - so glad to hear it went well!
Great news. I am so elated that the cervix is doing well. That is all a mom who has had a loss like we did wants to hear. Enjoy the wonderful snow. I love it when it snows. Lizy in SNOWY Chicago.
So glad it wasn't anything major! We also have patients that feel that sharp pain really low because those stitches in the cerclage can pull some.
Praying the bedrest continues to help!
Hooray for great news and peace of mind!!!
Happy Birthday, JTD :)
By the way, how many more weeks of winter?!
YAY for happy news!
I'm so glad to hear about your cervical length, and very glad they got you in at your OB office.
I understand completely about changes in plans. I don't handle that very well. It can be as simple as having a certain dinner planned for the day (I plan my meals about a week in advance) and my husband telling me he is going out with a friend for dinner. It seriously causes me stress!
You ladies are lovely - it's so awesome to come on lunch break and see so many wonderful messages waiting for me!
Mary - thank you so much! I know that there is going to be a lot of random pain - it just scared me when it was different. I'll just need to get used to it!
Rachel - I'm with you! I want to put my head under the covers until this is done!
Well, I bet he's not too upset to go to the appointment and find out everything is good. That's a pretty good birthday present!
I'm happy everything is going so well!
How scary! I am so glad they were able to get you in and that everything looks so well! I will be watching for an update tomorrow!
Post a Comment