Monday, February 22, 2010

Hunh.

You know what feels awesome?  Sneezing with a cerclage in. 

Not much new.  OB appointment again on Wednesday, but he's only doing a manual exam.  I may ask about ultrasounds frequency - I know scheduling only once a month is supposed to not irritate the cervix, but it just seems so long in-between. 

It's been a hard few days thinking about Maddie.  We turned 18 weeks this past Saturday - it was at exactly 18 weeks (also on a Saturday, since that's how the embryo transfer was scheduled) with her that we had her Level II ultrasound.  It was so magical to see her little face, to see her nestling into me, to see her sucking her thumb.  I am so very grateful for this baby, but I just miss my little girl.  In another life, she would be wiggling next to me on the couch.  That type of thinking doesn't accomplish much, but I can't help it every once in a while.

13 comments:

Jill said...

Yes, it is hard not to think like that. I believe it is only natural because we love them so much. xx

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You're so sweet, Jill - thank you. You're exactly right - that longing is love.

Megan said...

I'm sorry you've had some rough days. I think about you all the time and I hope things continue to go well.

I also hope you aren't sneezing as much as I was when I was pregnant. ;)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Oh, Megan, I think about you so often. I hope every day is a little softer for you, if that makes sense.

Luckily, it's just 2 - 3 times a day usually! :)

Tina said...

This pregnancy has also made my longing for my girls even more intense...if that is even possible. It is very bittersweet, but I guess we just had to try and focus on all the sweet parts. xx

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

That is so beautifully worded, Tina - I think it is a little like reliving our earlier pregnancies a bit, both the good and the hard. It focuses the love even more, though!

Franchesca said...

It's hard not to think like this, sending you *big* hugs!!!

S.I.F. said...

All my love coming your way...

cheryllookingforward said...

Sending you some hugs!

Heather said...

It's impossible not to miss them. Madelyn is always on my mind. Always. It's this constant "I should be doing this with my baby".

Thinking of you, as always.

Bree said...

I'm glad you posted. I emailed you a bit ago because I haven't heard from you. Approaching the gestation you lost Maddie at will be so hard. The four weeks leading up to 23.3 weeks were the worst for me, so far. Hang in there. Take care of yourself and do whatever you need to get through it. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Its definately hard not to think of Maddie as you progress in this pregnancy...thinking of you. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

omg I sooooo know what you're talking about with the whole sneezing with cerclage in... and for some awful reason I seem to sneeze A LOT during pregnancy.

Best of luck getting through! I know it's not easy but try to stay positive. (yes I know how jerkish that sounds.. i hear it a lot too!)