We had our 25w3d appointment today! It started off with me drinking a butt-ton of fruit punch-flavored sugar junk for the gestational diabetes test. While it didn't taste as bad as I expected, it definitely made me nauseous for about an hour or so. The lab said that they would call me by 5 if results were bad and I needed the follow-up 3-hour test, or else they wouldn't call me at all if it was fine - I haven't heard back, so I'm taking no news to be good news!
It was not an ultrasound week, unfortunately (which is too bad, because I've been having a lot of pressure the last few days again). The manual exam seemed great, though (still pressure, but no dilation), and my doctor answered my weekly litany of questions. I put on two pounds in the last week after not gaining any for the two previous, but I went from measuring a week behind to being right on-target. I like to think it's that Jota is getting bigger, and not just that I'm eating a ton. :) Next u/s is next Monday at 2:00 CDT.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
I would agree that no news is good news! I am glad that the appointment went well and that Baby J. is growing!
And I know that the list of milestones to hit is still fairly lengthy and there are still weeks to go, but I have to say that I can almost 'hear' a little sense of relief in your writing voice as each day passes. Your strength and determination are amazing!
F&F - you're so right, I think I exhale a teeny-tiny bit more with every week, you know? I won't fully exhale until she is safe in my arms, but just reaching viability was such an amazing step.
Happy your appointment went well! Glad you did not hear back from your doctor. Wow, I never thought not hearing from your doctor means good news. =) Keep growing baby Jota!
Thank you so much, Jill! I keep thinking the same thing - there are so few times when you just don't want to hear back from the dr's office!
I'm glad to hear everything is going so well!
I find the way you are fighting your way through all of this so inspiring. I'm just so glad that Baby J, is growing and staying put.
Hugs!
Glad that you passed your GD test!
I'm so glad you passed - I am taking the lack of news as that! And I believe Jota is growing and making you gain. :)
Jota is for sure getting bigger - every single day!!
And I so love that!
no news is definitely good news. Thinking of you and Jota. :)
Good news on your diabetes test! I was borderline with my 1-hour but passed the 3-hour with great results so that is awesome news you don't have to do the 3-hour test! I am so glad you are measuring on target and everything is going so well! Thinking of you and your sweet little baby!
Post a Comment