Friday, April 02, 2010

Bits & Pieces

Just kind of a post of randomosity today:

- Most importantly, our dear friends P & J accepted our offer to be Baby Jota's godparents today.  This just means so much to us - they were Maddie's godparents, too, and have shown her more love than I can express.  They are truly two of the best people we know, and my husband and I just feel blessed to know that they are such important part of our girls' lives.

- I honestly didn't know it was possible for my back to hurt this much without something being incredibly wrong.  I have to admit, I always kind of wondered if pregnant women were exaggerating the back pain - they weren't.  Lying down for almost 11 weeks hasn't helped, but it is just incredibly painful.  I've got a pretty good-sized pain tolerance, but wow. JTD has been giving me nightly little backrubs, and I've finally pulled out the heating pad.  I definitely won't complain, as it means that Baby Jota is healthy... but I just wanted to apologize to pregnant women everywhere.

- Tomorrow is 24 weeks!!  I just can't believe it!  :)

- It's also hard to believe that next Wednesday will be Maddie's 9-month birthday.  It's been so long, but it feels like just yesterday.  I can't wait to tell Baby Jota all about her amazing older sister.

11 comments:

Bree said...

Happy 24 weeks!!! You are doing great! I've had back pain on and off too. Sometimes I just stand in the shower and let the hot water run on my back for lengths of time. Hang in there! Thinking of Jota & Miss Maddie.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

That is AWESOME advice, Bree - I'll have to do that. I've been scared to take a bath since the cerclage (no clue why, since nobody told me I couldn't?) - but I'm thinking that might loosen the muscles, too?

Jill said...

Happy 24 weeks! :) I know what you mean. It has been so long, but it feels like it was yesterday. xo

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thank you so much, Jill - you're so sweet! It's just shocking how time can do that, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

YEAH for 24 weeks! I know it doesn't mean you can fully exhale, but it is another hurdle passed. You are doing terrific!

I laid on tennis balls when I was pregnant with Maren - I could put pressure in just the right places without having to make my husband rub my back - again. I was (and still am) a big fan of SalonPas (sp?) They are little Ben-Gay-type patches that you can put on the sore spots - they heat up and help the muscle relax.

And what a wonderful gift in the form of J and P. I know just how important it is to have people who feel as strongly for your children as you yourself do.

Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

F&F - okay, that is awesome advice. I'm totally going to hunt some of those down - both the tennis balls and the SalonPas. I have a friend who swears by them for his neck problems, but I didn't even think of them!!

You couldn't have worded it any better - it means so much to feel like your little ones will be cared for in the way you would want if something were to happen, you know?

Happy Easter to you all! :)

With Out My Punkin said...

Yeah happy 24 weeks! I have been having major hip pain I sit on an exercise ball for an hour or so a day and sit in the tub. I also see a chiropractor regularly-life savor! Its so amazing that something so small can put us in so much pain! Hang in there :) thinking of you, baby Jota, and Maddie!

Anonymous said...

24 weeks....yay! That is awesome. Thinking of you, Maddy and Jota. I still can't believe our babies have been gone 9 months. It feels like just yesterday we connected online.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Nicolle - I'm going to ask my OB if pregnancy massage is okay for high-risk, I think, at my appointment on Tuesday. This is just getting silly. I hope the ball, etc. is working for you!

Jess - I can't believe it's been so long, either. I'm so glad we found each other, though. :)

Christy said...

24 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that it's annoying to hear, but it seems to me like that went quickly! Even though I feel like each day takes a year....:)
I'm so sorry your back hurts :( I'm a bath taker, too, although it makes me nervous, too. But it helps so much-the hot water does. Ah, I'm just so happy that you are 24 weeks! yay!
happy 9 month birthday to little maddie-I'll be sending love and hugs.

Heather said...

Happy 24 weeks! That must be SO exciting for you!!! I actually didn't get any back pain with Madelyn - I guess I got lucky! But my hips...now THEY killed me. It was so hard because you know how you're supposed to lay on your left side? Well, it was excruciating for me to do that for too long!

Missing Maddie with you. (((hugs)))