Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Happy 9 Month Birthday, Madeleine Rose

I'm thinking of you, my sweet little angel, today and everyday.

I hate time passing, as it often feels like it's harder to connect with her in some ways (I don't know if this makes sense).  I'm just so blessed to have her in my life, though.  I think about who I am versus who I was 9 months and 2 days ago, and it's just immeasurably different.  She's brought me closer to God again, made me more loving and generous, helped me to realize that I want to be better all of the time for the people around me.  It is absolutely true that the littlest footprint can still leave a great impression on our lives.

17 comments:

Heather said...

Happy birthday, baby girl. And I totally get that 2nd paragraph. I really do.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

It is so amazing how much they can do without ever saying a word, isn't it??

Allison (Ali) said...

your statement is so moving and so true. Cadynce and Maddy may have only been here for a fleeting moment but they have made us both want to be better people.

Thinking of you and Maddy today.

Thanks for your email I really appreciate it. I have glanced at it and may have more questions for you soon.. :-)

Tina said...

Thinking of you and sweet Madeleine. xx

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thank you so much, Ali - and I am so glad you have the same relationship with your Cadynce! :). Please feel to e-mail anytime!

Tina - thank you so, so much!

crystal theresa said...

Happy 9 months, baby girl. Your mommy is amazing and loves you so much. I know how proud you are of her.

cheryllookingforward said...

I'm thinking of you this week. I can't believe how such a small person can change us so much.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and sweet Maddy as always *hugs*

I can relate to every word of this. Our babies have made us better people.

With Out My Punkin said...

Happy 9 months sweet baby Madeleine.

Anonymous said...

Happy 9 Months to your beautiful Maddy. I am so sorry I have been MIA lately . . . I have been reading, and I am so thrilled to hear that your latest ultrasound went so well and that your cervix continues to hold closed and steady. You are doing amazingly well and I continue to look forward to the day you announce the arrival of Maddy's happy, healthy, and gorgeous little sister.

Holly said...

Happy 9 month birthday Maddie

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thank you so, so much, you guys! I'm just so touched, and I know Maddie is smiling!

Momof3inVA said...

Happy Birthday Maddy!

That was so beautiful! I love reading that...you are such an inspiration to me...I love reading what you write.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Oh, Sam, you made me cry. :)

Justine L said...

thinking of you and Maddy ... and sending my best thoughts.

Rachel said...

I'm thinking of you today and always. God really used your post to speak to me today; He used Maddie's life to speak to me today. Thank you for sharing your thoughts so freely.

Michele said...

Thinking of you...