Alice was lying in my arms just now sleeping. As I watched her beautiful face, I began to cry harder and harder. I am so overwhelmed by my love for her, and so deeply missing Maddie. I have been blessed beyond measure with both of my girls - but the injustice of losing Maddie hit me fresh. I asked myself "why" with the same vehemence that I did in the early days - it isn't fair to JTD or I, certainly, but it isn't fair to her. She deserved to laugh, to cry, to love.
I miss you, Maddie. I hope you can feel how very loved you are always. I am so, so sorry.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2
14 comments:
How true these feelings are...
Hugs...
I know you know too well, Michele.
I can only imagine how hard this gets when our little ones are here. I am already missing Jonathan more and Clover isn't born yet. (hugs)
Sending lots and lots of love...
I just got tears reading this. I can only imagine how it must be holding one of your girls and missing the other. XO
I lose it sometimes, too, Ang. I look at her and she is just.so.beautiful. and I miss them so terribly. I feel like as we go along we are realizing just how much we lost out on. It's even more real now, ya know?
I'm so sorry Maddie is not here :(
Hugs to you, sweetie. Wishing you could hold both girls in your arms today and all the tomorrows. There are no words I can express to make this better...
I wish I could hug you right now friend, or say something so perfect that it would take your pain away. But I know I can't, so just know that I am here...
I am so blessed - thank you all.
I have some tears with this, too. I've done the same thing. It's so painful to know what we missed.
I find myself thinking about Wyatt more and more as this pregnancy progresses. I can only imagine the feelings I will have once Jackson is here.
Sending lots of love.
Gosh, I am so sorry. I am writing this with tears streaming down my face for you.
I can tell you that I firmly believe that Maddie feels every ounce of love you guys have for her...I believe love is the one thing that transcends ALL!
((Hugs)) and love to you and your family, Angie.
Oh sweetie, big big hugs to you. <3 I know how much you love both of your girls and wish you could have Alice and Maddie in your arms, together.
I have these moments too... I don't feel the weight of the sadness all the time anymore since I had Caitlyn but it's the little things that can make it unbearable. When I think of the things she won't ever have- a protective older brother or possibly any other siblings it makes me overwhelmingly sad. The joy that she gives me sometimes reminds me of the joy I missed out on with Nicholas. I'm truly happy every time I see Caitlyn's face, but I can't help but think of how our life would be different if we had been lucky enough to have them both.
Post a Comment