I find that, since going back to work and getting so much less time to spend with Alice, that I'm a lot more surly. I don't like it, and it's not pretty - I'm usually "that really nice girl," but I keep finding myself being impatient. I'm usually pretty good about not saying what I'm thinking out loud, but I sure have a lot less time for people's crap now:
- To the family member who keeps making not-so-kind comments about our loss of Maddie: First of all, I didn't "loose" my baby. It's "lose," one o. She's not a knot that needs tightened - I guess my cervix was too "loose," but that's really not the point. More importantly, and why I'm actually upset, it's Madeleine, and her nickname is Maddie. We chose the traditional French spelling of Madeleine because JTD has French roots in his heritage, and we thought that this spelling of the nickname looked less like she was angry than "Maddy." If I have written her name and spelled it correctly in the same e-mail chain, please at least take the time to read and copy/paste when you type it. Or, if you're reading this blog and want to comment, please at least take the time to read the spellings I have ALL OVER THE PAGE. If you want to make jabs at me, that's fine, but don't disrespect my daughter.
- To the guy friend who keeps complaining every fifteen seconds about his 7-week old not sleeping: I get it. Not sleeping sucks. First of all, if you're going to ask for advice, you should probably pretend to take it, rather than arguing with everyone who tries to help... or just don't ask. Secondly, the updates EVERY SINGLE NIGHT (usually multiple times) via Facebook are getting old. You know how I know that you're making them at 3 a.m.? Because I'm also up. Big deal, we have babies, that's what they do. We're blessed to be changing blown-out, poopy diapers instead of sleeping, because these babies are miracles. Suck it up.
- I am breastfeeding how I am going to be able to bf. This means largely pumping, due to issues that don't get Alice enough food if we just nurse. I am comfortable with this - so you either can be, or not tell me about it.
These are just a couple of the rants that go on in my head at all times - I feel awful that I've got so many of them, but I just hate being away from her so much.
Friday, October 01, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
I can only imagine how hard it is to be away from her. I see people spelling "lose" as "loose" all the time! You just made me laugh with mentioning it. I love how you spelled her name Madeleine and Maddie is such a pretty nickname. My step-daughter is Madison and her nickname is Madi.
Don't feel bad about having rants. We all have them!! HUGS!!
I am so glad it isn't just me, Jill - that drives me nuts! I love Madi as a spelling!
I swear that I was a much more pleasant individual to be around before I had kids (and the lack of sleep has nothing to do with it!) I am still blown away about how opinionated people when it comes to children and how to raise them, as well as how loudly people complain about their kids not sleeping (I haven't slept through the night in 6 years thanks to pregnancy bladder, breastfeeding kids, nightmares, and every other reason under the sun - 7 weeks sounds like a walk in the park, and I would be glad to inform the gentleman you work with of that fact whilst simultaneously kicking him in the groin!)
I won't even get started on family except to say that I like most of mine a lot more before we lost Q.uinn. I applaud you for being so gracious, as I probably would have hauled off and hit the offender by now!
Perhaps my favorite blog post of all time can be found here: http://sabrinaporterfield.blogspot.com/ **Be forwarned that there are portions of it that are very, very hard to read!** I can't tell you how many times I have read and re-read this post, reminding myself that I am doing the best I can - just like everyone else in my shoes!
Big hugs to you and your girls!
I love you friend! Seriously - rant away!!
And I can't stand people who ask for advice that they then refuse to take! Drives me crazy!
Rant away - that's what we're here for! I just like to hear updates from you.
I'm angier and less patient at work, too. Mostly because I really don't care about work anymore. I hope my bosses don't read these blogs!
I love you ladies - you all make me feel better. I hate that it's hard to find it in me to have patience with crap anymore, but I think it's all because I know what my priority is - anything that distracts from it is unacceptable.
I don't know how I missed this post - so I am sorry for the delayed comment!
It's ok to need to rant a little! Oh and I get the spelling thing - I always want to correct people, haha!
Thinking of you, friend! And hoping all the irritating people back off!
I say rant away. If anyone is going to understand, it's your fellow blm's. I find myself less tolerable of bs lately myself. (hugs)
just wanting to say that I love your rants and rant, rant away! it makes me feel better since I have these in my head all day long!!!!
Post a Comment