So, I have a fairly long history of having weird, often rare medical stuff happen to me.
I was only the 16th child ever to have my type of cancer - not very many adults get it, but it's incredibly rare in children.
Very few people do IVF, but less than 1% of those who do get severe OHSS. I got it bad enough that I had to be drained, and our fresh transfer had to be postponed. Less than 1% of the population has cervical incompetence, and even fewer of those lose their babies.
I have an allergy to morphine, and have a really rare reaction where I get little red pinprick dots all over my body.
Due to my fairly weird history, I didn't think a whole lot when I developed a couple of red spots on my stomach and chest last week. Fast forward a few days, and my torso looks like this (don't mock, I just had a baby - I'm not going to look great):
The chest is even worse, and it was now spreading to my back. The odd thing was that it didn't really itch besides when I got out of the shower. Since it was getting progressively worse, however, I decided to finally cowboy up and go to the doctor.
I have a condition called pityriasis rosea. The good news is that it's not contagious (which is good, since Alice and JTD haven't caught it), and that I don't need any medicine to treat it (which is great, since I don't want to pump-and-dump anything). The bad news about it working itself out of my system on its own is that it hangs around for 6 - 8 weeks. So, I'm going to look like a leper for about another two months. I guess that kills wearing a strapless dress to the ball we're planning to attend in November...
Tuesday, October 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Hi I've read ur blog for months and just never commented. I lost my son @ 22 weeks and have been reading so many blm blogs and ran across yours. Any way I had the same thing at 18 they say u can only get once in your life like chicken pox well I was the exception and got it again at 21. But they said ultraviolet light can heal it faster. It dries it out. So maybe a couple of trips to the tanning bed and u can wear strapless :) ur the first person beside me who I have heard had it.
Oh no!!! I hope it clears up quicker than predicted!
Uggg! What a bummer! There's nothing you can do for that?!? That's horrible! I'm so sorry friend!!
Hope it clears up soon :( glad it is not contagious for Alice
Ashley - thank you so much for the advice and info! I'll have to invest in some sunscreen and a few tanning bed sessions. It's getting a tiny bit itchy, so anything to help. I'm SO sorry you got it multiple times!
You ladies are all amazing! Thank you for the good wishes and support - it's starting to itch a tiny bit, and still spreading, so I'll take all of those I can get!
I'm so sorry about the rash! I hope it goes away sooner than they said!
how did I not know that you had cancer as a child???
I am so sorry about this! What a pain! I really, really hope it clears up soon and the itching goes away. Glad it can't spread to beautiful little Alice.
Thinking of you, Alice, and Madeleine :)
Yikes! I hope it clears up much quicker than expected for you.
I have the same thing, Im eight weeks pregnant do you know of its harmful to my baby? :s
aw hope this clears up. this blog has put my mind at rest, as i have had the exact same blotches has you do and have been furiously googling the symptons, and worrying myself silly about it. so thank you so much for putting my mind at rest :) hope it goes soon.
Post a Comment