Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

It's amazing what a difference a year makes.  At this time last year, we'd just performed our FET and were barely-barely-barely pregnant with Miss Alice.  We'd just passed Maddie's due date (November 14), and were trying to reconcile the two.  Today, our wonderful little family is at home, snuggled together in love and happiness.

I know this sounds weird, but it's days like today that I'm so glad that we had Maddie cremated.  She is with us today, she's a part of our holiday.  As I do every day, I can look at her and talk to her, cry over her.  I can hold her close to me, and feel her weight.  I am so grateful for that, and for her touching our lives still every single day.

Well, that's certainly a cheerful thought...  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  I hope that your holidays are filled with family and love, remembrance and hope.

8 comments:

Michele said...

a beautiful thought, and one I totally get.

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Cape Girl said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

I totally feel the same way. I'm really glad we had Wyatt cremated, too.

S.I.F. said...

All my love to you and to your amazing family friend... You deserve every ounce of this happiness.

Heather said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Sending love to your entire family...all 4 of you.

Heather said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Sending love to your entire family...all 4 of you.

Jill said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving!

Holly said...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! That's the nice thing about cremation, you don't have to go somewhere to visit.

jill said...

Thanks for mentioning endo in your comment on my blog. I didn't even think of that. I'll mention it to my doctor when I end up going in, especially if it keeps happening.