Thursday, December 16, 2010

25 Days of Giveaways - Day 16

I am so grateful to Tina for letting me participate in the 25 Days of Giveaways!

After Maddie passed away two summers ago, I took a step back to reexamine everything in my life and see how I could do it better.  One of the things that made me think was how my family celebrated Christmas - we all usually got each other gift cards to buy things we didn't really need, or maybe even want.  While we all appreciated and loved the gifts and each other, it wasn't really what I would call productive.  So, last Christmas, I proposed the idea instead of giving to a charity of our choice, and then sharing on Christmas Day to where we donated, and why.  This idea was received so well that we're doing it again this year.

My donation both years has been to the March of Dimes.  I know it's not a traditional giveaway, but I would like to do the same for the winner of this giveaway.  Please leave your blog link and your angel baby's name in the comments below, and I will donate to March of Dimes in your baby/babies' name if you win.  If you are a frequent reader/subscriber, please leave a second note reminding me of this to double your chances.  Comments can be submitted until midnight Pacific time.

I will post the winner here tomorrow, and will also try to leave a comment on your blog informing you that you won.

Happy holidays!

36 comments:

Mirne said...

http://loved-so-much.blogspot.com/

Freyja
Kees
Jethro

Ava's mummy said...

That is a beautiful idea!

My angel's name is Ava,

Blog is: http://beautifulsongbird.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

www.lilyangelinesmommy.blogspot.com

Lily

Girl, you know I'm a frequent reader :)

Susan said...

What a fantastic idea!! The March of Dimes is also the charity of our choice since losing our daughter, Gracie. We will actually be an ambassador family for this year's events in our area.

http://jeffsusangracie.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

What a great idea.

My blog is www.thewatson6.blogspot.com and my angel's name is Hadley.

Unknown said...

That is a wonderful idea!
Janie Beth is my precious baby girl in Heaven.

My blog: http://michellekarr.blogspot.com

Gottjoy! said...

What a beautiful idea!

My baby is Rebekah Joy.
http://gottjoy.blogspot.com/

michelle hs said...

very cool! a giveaway to give away...xavier ian swords

http://swords9603.blogspot.com/

Katy Larsen said...

What a wonderful idea! LOVE it! My sweet angel's name is Hannah. We also have 2 little angels who left before we got to meet them. My blog is hannahshonor.blogspot.com. Truly a beautiful giveaway. God bless. xo

Trena said...

This is a beautiful giveaway!!!

http://trena-freetofly.blogspot.com/


My twin angels - Bryston Gabriel and Colton Joseph - August 15, 2010

Mattie said...

My angels are Shyla Joy and Jakin Isaac.

What a beautiful giveaway. We were the ambassador family in our area for 2010 and it was a beautiful experience.

Much love for thinking of others this season and always <3

cheryllookingforward said...

This is such a sweet idea! My little angel is Baby November.

lost--for--words said...

I love this idea! thank you for doing this! My daughter is Freja.

Jus and Kat said...

www.indylansmemory.blogspot.com

Dylan

What a beautiful idea, I was actually thinking about doing something similar!

Nicole said...

This is such a wonderful idea. I love it!

My son's name is Patrick.

My blog is http://lingley.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

What a wonderful idea!!

Emma and Chase
http://footprintsonourhearts.blogspot.com

Franchesca said...

Angie, you are beautiful. This is probably the best giveaway any of us could receive. Thank you so much for the opportunity. xo

Jenna Belle

Unknown said...

What a great idea.
My babies name is Sienna Marie Farmer and her blog is www.siennamariefarmer.blogspot.com

Jeanette said...

I love this idea.
My baby is Florence Violet, my blog is www.lazyseamstress.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

missingjuanito.blogspot.com

My angel's name is Juanito

What a sweet idea!!!

Melissa said...

Great idea, I'm doing a lot more of that this year too. =)

www.amazingmikaylagrace.blogspot.com

Mikayla Grace

Angie said...

This is such a great giveaway! I love this idea. I am new to your blog.

http://www.expectationsrevised.blogspot.com/

Aiden Kenneth ♥

Jaime said...

This is a wonderful idea! My angel is Sydney Alexis. My blog is http://missingsydney.blogspot.com.

Unknown said...

My angel baby is Jayden Pandolfi.

http://www.eatpraylovelive.com

Heather said...

What a fantastic giveaway! You don't have to enter me because I didn't host this year - someone who hosts should win! But I just wanted to say what an amazing idea this is for a giveaway!

Elainna said...

Wonderful idea.

http://paytonspresence.blogspot.com

Payton

Lea said...

Absolutely brilliant idea.

Nicholas

Bree said...

That is an awesome giveway item, Angie. <3

paula said...

i think this is awesome!!
my baby's name is wyatt
http://aclassofangels.blogspot.com/

Alissa said...

What an amazing idea...Thank you so much for coming up with it. I'd love the donation to be in my sweet baby girl's name, Kennedy Kate.

http://kkbutterflywings.blogspot.com

Sarita Boyette said...

What a neat idea! My baby's name is Meredith Helen. Thank you for hosting a giveaway.
http://ourperfectrose.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Precious ides...
Cullen Liam

Thank you- Leslie

www.cullensblessings.wordpress.com

Holly said...

http://carleighmckenna.blogspot.com

Carleigh

Holly said...

I'm a stalker....um, I mean follower

Tina said...

I love this idea! Thank you so much for hosting a giveaway! xx