It was an eventful weekend/Monday! Here's the gist of it:
Saturday - Alice's first blizzard. Super-excited to get that milestone out of the way. We had intentions of going to see Santa in the "big" city nearby, but the roads weren't allowing for that... so we went to the local one. It was okay - Alice has been having stranger anxiety lately, and so luckily she didn't see him when we put her on his lap. She did, however, grab a handful of beard hair first thing, so she was clearly his favorite child. The picture wasn't really good enough to be scanned, so it's just going in the baby book.
We got home, and she hit a couple of major milestones! She tripod-sat for the first time unassisted (go, baby girl!), and then this started happening (forgive her sleep-sack-and-Babylegs look, and my pajama pants): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klj-gSj1NdE
Is it weird that I am honestly more excited/proud about her doing this than I am about almost anything I've ever achieved in my whole life?
Sunday - I woke up several times through the night with some pain in my lower right abdomen. Hunh.
Monday - Pain continued, so I went to the doctor. My blood tests showed that my white blood cell counts were pretty elevated, so he got a CT scan. It came back normal, but he's still worried about the cell counts (I might still be at the beginning of appendicitis), so I go back today.
While I was at home waiting for the results, Alice started getting sick. Lots of pooping, fever, etc. Her fever finally broke at about 4:00 a.m. this morning, but we were thisclose the whole time to meeting the pediatrician's requirements to go to the ER. It was a long night, but we're doing better today!
I'm hoping that 2011 is drama-free. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Wow, I'd definitely call that eventful! I hope 2011 is drama-free for you too. :) And I hope everything is fine for you! And I'm glad Alice's fever broke!
Hope you all start feeling better soon!
That video just melted my heart! Oh my! She is so big!! So perfect!
You guys are so very sweet! Yesterday was a lot better day!
S.I.F. - isn't she precious? :) I'm so proud of her!
thanks, everyone!
She's so big! What happened to your little baby? She's still cute as ever.
Isn't it shocking, Paige?!? She's so very big - she ate baby Alice!
Post a Comment