Monday, February 08, 2010

Postponed

I was supposed to have my checkup with my peri tomorrow morning (he's located about 45 miles away from us), but it had to be cancelled due to the foot of snow that we're getting dumped on us (again) right now.  No way we'd be able to get there tomorrow morning.  We've been rescheduled for Thursday at 11 CST.  I'm more than a little disappointed - I wanted to find out how things were going (especially because of the pain/pressure I've been having), I want to know if this bedrest is getting extended further, and we were hoping that maybe the baby would cooperate and show us his/her gender tomorrow (we're 16w2d right now - the baby has had his/her legs crossed at every other appointment).  I just hate the snow - at this point, I don't even know how I'd get to the hospital if I needed to go.  We live in a really small town that has a hospital, but it's not prepared at all for my issues - I doubt they even know what a cerclage is.  I'm mostly just worried-worried-worried, and only feel like I breathe after our appointments - and even then it's only for a few hours!

I can't complain a whole ton, though - a pregnancy-after-loss friend was telling me about her friend who was supposed to have her IVF transfer this past weekend.  Unfortunately, they live in D.C., so I'm guessing that didn't happen.  :(  It puts a lot into perspective.

10 comments:

Jill said...

Sorry your appointment was cancelled. I would be bummed as well and I am the type of person that doesn't like to wait. I hope that you get a glimpse of the sex at your next appointment though. How exciting!

I wish I could take away your worries. Since I can't just know I am thinking about you. xx

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I'm totally with you there, Jill - I'm a planner, but not a waiter. I am impatient at best. :)

You are so sweet and amazing - the thoughts help so very much!

Christy said...

Oh, it's SO hard to be patient! And if you're at all like me you know how many days between appointments, how many sleeps you have left and when someone messes with that, it's so frustrating! I hope the time until the rescheduled one goes by super fast! I'll be thinking of you :)
xxoo

S.I.F. said...

Oh my gosh, I would FREAK if my IVF transfer was cancled. You're right, that puts a ton into perspective. Sorry your appointment was cancled, but I'm rooting for you!

Donna said...

So sorry you are feeling so stressed! Hopefully your new appointment won't get cancelled and you will get good news!

cheryllookingforward said...

Snow sucks!!! I wish you could get to your appointment, but I'm happy you will be at home safe!!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You guys are just awesome. Right now I'm lying in bed waiting for my OB to call - I've been having some weird pains, so I'm going to hold off on work until I hear from him. Thank you for all of your warm thoughts!

Rachel said...

Well that stinks! I can only imagine how I would feel if I were in your shoes. I hope the tme until your next appointment goes very well...and quickly :) I have selfish reasons for this because *I* really want to know the sex also!

Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

I would be bummed if the appt was rescheduled. Every little cramp or movement I am sure sends nerves. *hugs* I am thinking of you.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You guys are just amazing!! You all made me smile!

And Rachel - I'm glad it's not just me! :)