Tuesday, April 06, 2010

24 weeks 3 days - Weekly Appt

We had our 24w3d appointment today at the OB.  It went so well.  We did a cervical length ultrasound - still over 3 cm, still no funneling, still no dilation.  I couldn't be happier.  Baby Jota is sitting incredibly breech (which doesn't really matter, since the Shirodkar cerclage isn't coming out before delivery and so we'll be doing a C-section), and I watched her specifically and defiantly kick my cervix.  :) 

She didn't want to behave a ton for good profile or 3D shots, but she did stop for a few seconds to let us know that she's #1 (sorry for the blurriness - I had trouble getting a screen capture of this):

24 comments:

Jen said...

Ahhh, how sweet...she already knows how important she is :) Yay on the cervix behaving!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

LOL - that's awesome, Jen. Yes, she's definitely living up to that, isn't she? :)

Leda said...

I love that!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thank you, Leda! :) It just killed me - she's definitely expressive.

Anonymous said...

I am glad the cervix is behaving, however you might have to ground her till she is 21 for not behaving during ultrasound LOL

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Jess, it's so funny you say that - I was just telling my OB that she's grounded for AT LEAST the first three months after she's born due to making me worry so much! ;)

Lynn said...

Oh, hun! I am so happy for you and that is the cutest darn u/s photo I've seen in ages :D Can't wait for that little princess to make her way into the world in a few months :D

Jill said...

Sounds like she may have an attitude! :) So happy your appointment went well. Fingers are still crossed. xx

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Lynn, that's so sweet - it made my day!! :) She's pretty darn adorable, isn't she??

Jill - I think you're right, she's definitely stubborn! I tell her not to kick somewhere, she does the exact opposite!! :)

Bree said...

There must be a magnet attracting them to the cervix. Nora does it too. Ease up baby Jota. Glad to hear things look good!! Check your mail. :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I'm with you, Bree - we have to get these little girls to stand on their heads for a little while!! :)

I'm seeing right now if JTD will check on the way home. You are WAY too sweet!!

Christy said...

yay for fabulous appointments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so glad to hear :)

Cape Girl said...

I'm so glad to hear everything is going so well!!! Yay!!

And I LOVE the pic!

Sarita Boyette said...

She's so cute! I have never commented here before, but I wanted to let you know you are in my prayers. Hope you continue to do well.

S.I.F. said...

YAY! I love her already! So happy the appointment went so well!

cheryllookingforward said...

This is an awesome picture! I'm so happy everything is still going well. I'm still cheering for your cervix!

Ana F said...

YAYY!! Glad she is behaving, and look at her, she has a personality already!!!

With Out My Punkin said...

Feisty little one!!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You guys are so amazing!! I just love finding all of these sweet comments - you made my day!! And I just can't say how much it means that people care - hugs to you all!! :)

heather said...

Love it!!!

Lizy said...

Hurray for Baby Joda. I am praying she keeps put for 16 more weeks. I think maybe she was just doing a dance for you. Shes happy to stay put too... Hugs amiga, Lizy

Lizy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

So glad everything is looking good!

Michele said...

yay!!!