Well, I just officially signed up for a class where I learn how to feed another human from my own chest. Our Breastfeeding Class will be May 10 - I should be able to recline quite a bit, so it should be okay. I'm a little disturbed that we're supposed to bring a doll if we can - I'm really hoping not to have to expose myself to strangers, but at least JTD will be there to be a human shield if necessary.
Some of our dear, dear friends are throwing us a couple's shower! It's tentatively on June 12 - we're really excited. I will (hopefully) be 34 weeks that very day, so it seemed like a good time to do it. We're keeping it really small, but I'm so excited to get to celebrate Jota with others.
Little girl continues to kick my cervix quite a bit (I'm used to occasional ones, but this is a ton). I'm debating going in to the doctor tomorrow if it doesn't stop. It seems really rhythmic, so I guess it could be that she's hiccuping and bouncing on it? I don't know - I feel like I'm super worried about this stuff and going to drive my OB crazy, but on the other hand.... I don't care, as long as she's safe.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
Hiccups are really odd to me. I don't enjoy that feeling. It makes me anxious.
Yay for the bf class. Maybe you can give me some pointers bc I don't think I'll make it to one. And double yay for the shower. I hope you share some pics with us. :)
Keep growing little jota!!
It makes me anxious, too, Bree! Even though I know they're good, I still worry!
I will definitely share what I find out at the BF class! I'm hoping it's really helpful - I am a little scared of the whole process, so I'm excited for pointers!
Definitely please share on the pointers of the BF class LOL
Shower sounds real fun. :)
You call the ob if you need to...that is what they are there for. I will probably drive them crazy through this whole process. :)
Jess - I will definitely share!! :)
Thank you so much - you're right, that's why they are there. You call as much as you need to, as well!! :). Hugs!
I hope you have a blast at your shower! That should be fun!!
I remember when I was pregnant with Kyndra and I was in the hospital for a week bleeding and I missed my BFing class. The lactation nurse came and spoke to me and she brought a fake, stuffed boob. It was pretty interesting and funny!
Holly, can you even imagine working at the company that makes stuffed boobs?!? How do you tell people what you do? :)
I would definitely guess hiccups! Madelyn hiccuped all the time - it's the strangest feeling, but I always enjoyed watching my stomach when she did it, because you could see it through my clothes.
Yay for a couples shower! That sounds so fun!
WOO HOO! I can't wait to breastfeed, and I seriously can't wait for you to have to go to an uncomfortable class just to learn how!! ;)
how Bobby loved to headbutt my cervix. fun for him, but not for me!! emotionally, I was a wreck!
We had dolls at my BF-ing class. We used them to practice different positions for holding the baby. Everyone kept their shirts on the whole time! I liked the dolls because all the men were trying the positions, too!
Have a great time!!
I'm not a huge fan of hiccups, either. I like them because of the healthy baby part, but eventually I just want them to stop!
Call the OB as many times as you want to!! As soon as I get my BFP, I plan on making sure that I find an OB that understands this is what they're in for.
I'm exited to hear about the shower! That'll be so nice.
XOXO
I cant tell when she has hiccups...hmmm.
Good move forward getting into a BF class, be proud of yourself :) And its so nice you are having a couples shower, how sweet!
Let us know what the doc says if you called xxx
"I just officially signed up for a class where I learn how to feed another human from my own chest." OMG - I am laughing WAY too hard at that! Mostly at the nonchallant way you just threw it out there. Hubby and I took one when I was pregnant with Cooper and it was the best money and time we ever spent! The instructor was really great at giving the husbands lists of ways that they could help and take an active role in nursing, and to this day I swear that is one of the biggest reasons nursing has worked so well for me and my kiddos (Briar is still nursing, which means I have spent 3 years of my life wearing a bra that has flaps.)
I am so excited for you and JTD and your shower! I LOVE couples showers, and it will be such a wonderful way to celebrate Baby A. (Crud . . . did I ever write back and tell you I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her name?! It is perfect - and I can't wait to see the smiling face that goes with it!)
Big hugs to you and thank you for all of your kind words and support this week - it feels like it has been a whirlwind and like I went from the bottom of the rollercoaster to the top in 2.5 seconds.
Have fun at your shower!! Baby girl please stay off your mommy's cervix until its time! Thank you :)
Post a Comment