One thing that I've discovered about the process of being pregnant after a stillbirth is setting myself little attainable goals. I should preface this by explaining that I'm not a very patient person, and I'm pretty particular. During both the IVF/FET processes and during pregnancy, I research everything to the point of exhaustion, and then ask about a million questions of my health care providers (I take in a list on paper each time so that I don't forget anything). Anyway - the way that I have found to get through the five years of infertility, or now the long stretches of pregnancy, are to set myself little milestones that I can try and achieve frequently and (hopefully) easily.
25 weeks has brought a few things:
- First of all, it's a nice round number, it's the square of 5, it's like getting to the "big number" on a clock instead of being in the minutes between the 5-minute marks. When it's 12:34, you tend to just round it to 12:35 - I am on one of the "rounding" numbers. I like that, and find odd comfort in it.
- When we ordered our P17 shots, they first only sent us a batch of ten shots. Since we started them on at 16w1d, our last one of the first batch was yesterday at 25w1d. When I started thinking about three weeks ago about reordering, I kept wondering if it was wise, praying we'd actually get through the first batch. We've officially hit that milestone.
- I'm doing the 1-hour gestational diabetes test tomorrow at my OB appointment. While it's not like "yay, let's drink sugar syrup!" or anything, it's definitely, "yay, we got this far!" Plus, we'll have a manual exam (not an ultrasound week) - I've been having more pressure over the past couple of days, so I just like that we have an appointment tomorrow.
It's so weird that we're less than three weeks away from the not-so-little milestone of the third trimester!
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
Holy cow, almost in the 3rd trimester! I am like you with the round numbers so 25 weeks just sounds great. I am actually thrilled that I will be 25 years old this year on the 25th, very cool, lol.
That's funny. The getting thru a bottle of p17 was huge for me too. So, was the diabetes test. Everyday is a milestone though, isn't it? I have an appt tomorrow too. Will check in with you then. Hugs.
Leda, I think that makes it your magic birthday this year! :) I know it will be an amazing one!
Bree, that's awesome - I thought it was just me being weird about those things! I'm glad to know it's a big deal! Let me know how your appointment goes tomorrow! HUGS!
You are doing amazing at hitting these little milestones. I am just so proud of you and so excited to meet little Jota - in a few more months of course! :)
Yay for 25 weeks!! Its funny that you talk about the P17 shots. I am working on the last few Lovenox shots of my first month and getting ready order a third month. :)
Always thinking of you and Jota :)
I don't think it's weird to be excited to make it to the GD test - it's like a rite of passage!!!
Happy 25 weeks!
I find myself doing that all the time just with this cycle of IVF, so I'm certain I'll do it when I get pregnant. Every little thing is a milestone.
Third trimester...here you come!!! Yay! XOXO
Yay for milestones!!! So exciting!!!!
And once again, I am nodding my head at the first part of your post, because you are describing me, too. :)
Yeah for 25 weeks and making all these milestones!!!
YAY for another milestone!! I know what you are feeling about refills.. I'm taking progesterone and also my prenatals I order them online... I cant believe I just ordered my new pack today! And my progesterone will have to be reorder on Thursday!!
You are doing a great job, and cant wait for your appt update!
You're right---the 3rd trimester is quite a milestone! Get there---and keep on going to the end. You're doing great!!!
I am a list-maker and goal-setter as well, if nothing else, for self-preservation. I think I have told you before, but I refused to make my OB appointments any more than a week-or-two in advance because I was terrified that I would have to cancel them, and I didn't want to have to go through that experience again.
Good luck with the GD test today and look out 3rd trimester - here you come!
I think it's good to have those little milestones to achieve.
I TOTALLY get not scheduling each appointment until the week or two before - I've been doing that with my weekly appointments! I just don't want to have to cancel a whole bunch, either, if something happens. That's one of those things that so few would understand!
Post a Comment