I figured I'd change up the pace a little bit today. I don't think anyone has any questions about whether or not I'm scared. I seriously doubt that anyone who reads this blog or stumbles upon it is going, "Gee, I wonder if she's scared - I sure wish she'd clear that up for me." So, I figured I'd change it up today.
I have a very important issue to blog about. Cankles (also known as "fat ankles").
For as long as I can remember, I've always had very clearly defined ankles. I come from a line of women with really small bones, so you could very clearly see the different parts of my lower half - leg, ankle, foot. No merging. Probably not all that attractive (kind of garishly bony, even), but there. I always kind of knew that, no matter what, I was all set in the ankle department. In all of the times I've sprained/broken an ankle, I've never had a doctor say, "I can't really tell where the ankle is."
I'm not sure that I can say that anymore. Edema has started to set in a little bit - not bad, but I'm getting a tiny bit puffy in the ankle region. I don't have that creepy thing (at least not yet) where you can push in your skin and it stays there for a while, but it just looks a little bit funny. My husband says they look normal, but...
So, since I will proudly wear any sign of this pregnancy as a badge of honor that my little girl is still safe, I'm going to boldly proclaim it. "World, I have fat ankles."
Monday, April 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
you go girl! at least you can still see your cankles, right?
I can!! I love how you look at the bright side! ;)
Yay for fat ankles and 24 weeks...Hang in there!! xx
Aw, thanks, Tina!! :) It is hard to believe we are here!
Ha! What until after the baby comes! You haven't seen cankles yet, my friend! My feet/ankles weren't even recognizable to myself!
Oh, the joys of pregnancy! Enjoy even the annoying symptoms :)
Jen - I had no clue they got worse after delivery! I didn't have that at all with Maddie - I am so glad you're preparing me!! :)
Too funny! You gave me a laugh this morning :)
Yay for fat ankles!!!
hurrah for fat ankles! :D you show those cankles off proudly, sweetie!
and answer this question... why is the word verification i got "thins" haha.
Oh you have GOT to take pictures! :)
Embrace the cankles!!! I have ugly legs, ugly calves, ugly knees and ugly ankles (to make up for my gross legs, I have a lovely bust and pretty feet - you can't have everything!). So now my legs look like jiggly stumps. My ankles constantly have that line where my sicks were digging into my flesh. Gross!
Oh man.. just read JenJen's comment. If these get worse I'm going to have to wear pants for the entire summer!
LOL....I could be in big trouble in several weeks. I was born with cankles. I have even comtemplated having plastic surgery once I have all my children to make them look like normal ankles LOL.
Enjoy the temporary cankles as your true badge of pregnancy. :)
Crack me up!!!
You guys killed me - I'm glad you enjoyed this!
Rachel - I'm so glad! :D I was hoping it would make someone else smile...
Crystal Theresa - The word verification made me laugh!
SIF - I'm working on my husband! I'll see if I can get him to help out!
Cheryl - I bet your ankles look great!! :) You're right, a killer chest and feet make up for the ankles. I am glad Jen warned us!
Jess - You kill me! I bet your ankles are great, though!! :D
Heather - LOL, I'm glad!!
Right there with you on the cankles, my boobs wont quit growing either. Guess its only the things that we (preggo mommas)get to have!! Yeah to 24 weeks!!
Post a Comment