Wednesday, February 24, 2010

18.5 weeks checkup

I went to the OB today for a checkup.  He didn't do an ultrasound this week, but he did a manual check - he said everything felt long, closed, and tight.  It was an amazing thing to hear... as was the baby's heartbeat.  He had to hunt for it for a little bit, so I panicked silently while he was looking - but then there it was, and I could exhale.  We'll do the full ultrasound on March 9 (cervical length and the full u/s), so I can't wait.

I have been pretty quiet (for me) lately, and I just wanted to thank everyone for their sweet messages and thoughts.  I've just been really tired at night, thinking about Maddie a lot, and worried about a lot of stuff, so I tend to go to sleep after work.  I am so grateful for the sweet thoughts.

16 comments:

Bree said...

I think of you often! The weeks leading up to my loss were the hardest thus far. Sending love and prayers your way! Let me know if I can do anything!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You're so supportive and awesome, Bree. I think that's a lot of it - it's hard to think about getting past 21w3d at this point, because I don't want to jinx anything. You're just amazing. :)

jill said...

Three cheers for long, closed, and tight!! yay! :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You're such a sweetheart, Jill - I said the same thing! :)

Christy said...

I'm glad to hear everything looks great!!! 21wks3days was when my water broke. 23.3 is when I delivered. These dates are swirling in my brain, constantly. I'm 20.4 right now and so the anxiety is going up, but I'm surviving.
I'm so glad to hear your update. Keep them coming!!!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Oh, Christy, I didn't realize 21w3d was a big day for you, too - I can imagine you are just taking the next few weeks one day at a time emotionally. Thinking of you!

Marie W said...

Glad to hear your cervix is behaving! Keeping you in prayer.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You're such a sweetheart, Marie! :) And I like the way you put it!!

jrose35 said...

I am so glad to hear everything went so well at your appointment and you and your little one are doing so good. Sending lots of hugs and happy thoughts your way!

crystal theresa said...

i'm glad your checkup went well and that you were able to breathe out that sign when you heard your little one's heartbeat. thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you and am glad that today's appointment went well. The weeks leading up to the point at which I lost Quinn were the hardest, as were the weeks immediately after - even reaching 'viability' didn't do much to calm my fears. Be gentle with yourself and know that you have a small army behind you!

S.I.F. said...

You and this little bug are always on my mind! Yay for a heartbeat: that would have freaked the heck out of me too!

With Out My Punkin said...

So good to hear! Hope that things keep going this way. Thinking of you!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You ladies are just absolutely amazing - you make me feel great. I'm loving this army of support! :)

Megan said...

I'm glad your appointment went well!

Off topic, but I had to make my blog private, and I know you read it. If you'd like access, please send me an email at greenclown67 at gmail.com and I'll add you.

Anonymous said...

Angie, thinking of you and psyched for the manual check...I'll be psyched for the ultrasound update. :)