Monday, March 29, 2010

Increased Monitoring

I was having some new pressure/pain yesterday (feels like sharp stretching, for lack of a better term), so I called the OB today and he fit me in this afternoon for an appointment.

It wasn't as great as I had hoped it would be.  It sure wasn't as bad as it could have been, but I had just wanted to hear that I was imagining things.  I didn't hear that.

He did a manual exam.  It was incredibly painful - he felt the stitch, and said that there was some pressure on it.  He didn't do an ultrasound, as we just had one nine days ago and have one next week, but said that he'd guess there might be a slight bit of funneling, too.  Great.  The cervix was still closed tight (which is great), so he's not going to change my actual treatment at all yet, but he's increasing my visits to every week from every other week.

Things had been going so well, and I know that he's said that I WOULD funnel at some point since I have a truly incompetent cervix (and that's why we have the cerclage)... but I was just hoping somehow it wouldn't happen.  I sure didn't want it to happen this early.  I know that this wasn't even a bad visit compared to what it could have been and to what others are enduring, but I'm just so scared.  I want to support this little girl for 37 weeks, and I just hate that my body isn't doing that like it should, is possibly hurting her.  I'm trying not to let myself cry, as I don't want to hurt things further... but I just so desperately want her to be safe and healthy. 

19 comments:

Leda said...

I will be praying that all of this stops, atleast for the next 13+ weeks. Baby Joda needs to stay put!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Oh, Leda, thank you so much. We will definitely gladly take all the prayers we can get. :)

jrose35 said...

Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts always! I am glad to hear you will be going every week to see the doctor and good news that the cervix is still closed nice and tight. Sending you lots of hugs!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Oh, jrose, thank you so much! You've been in my thoughts - I hope all is going well for you! I so appreciate the prayers and thoughts!!

Bree said...

yeah, it's definately hard to hear about the funneling even when you are expecting it. try not to stress, yet. wait for the u/s to do that. since i've already seen mine funnel, we aren't even doing u/s anymore. it doesn't make any sense to do anything other than make sure there is no pressure on the stitch or that my bag of water isn't descending. i screamed and cried when i had the speculum exam at the hospital. i wonder if i'll get another one on thursday when i see my peri. hang in there. take it easy. xoxo
ps- it's amazing that you can actually feel that stuff happening. im so glad you got it checked out!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You're so sweet, Bree - I knew you would be able to sympathize. It's just terrifying. I just want us to have our healthy little girls!! I'm hoping your peri appointment goes well.

Jill said...

Oh sweetie, I am thinking about you and am wishing the best! I am happy that you were able to see the doctor today and that you will be seeing him more often to be on the safe side. xx

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You're just so very, very sweet, Jill. That made me smile - thank you. I truly am glad for the increased monitoring - I'll feel safer.

Anonymous said...

Angie, I am praying that the funneling stops. Praying Baby Jota can stay put. *Hugs*

heather said...

I am praying for you! And just hearing you talk about that painful exam took me back to my many cervix exams in labor and definitely made me flinch. To me, that was by FAR the worst part of labor and it sounds like your exam may have even been worse!

Anonymous said...

sweetie, i pray that you are able to hold this baby tight in your belly until Jota is good and ready to come out. i'm sorry for the scare and the painful exam, and hope the funneling stops. i'm glad your OB is keeping a close watch on you. ((hugs))

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I just can't tell you guys how much your support means. I am so grateful - it's been a tough day, and this support is amazing.

Cape Girl said...

I'm praying for you and thinking about you. And the fact that you're still closed tight is great!

I'm sending you lots of love and hugs...

jill said...

Thinking of you here too. Increasing to every week is good and it sounds like you are in good hands. I hope your next u/s holds good news.

Anonymous said...

Angie - I can only imagine how terrifying all of this is and what a kick to the gut today's exam was. Continue to stay strong and know that you and Baby J. are loved and being thought of daily. You are so incredibly strong! I am glad that they are keeping such a close eye on you and that they are going to increase your monitoring. Big hugs!

S.I.F. said...

Oh lady! You and little one are so in my prayers! Stay strong. She is still safe and inside. You can do this!

Rachel said...

I'm praying, praying, praying! I wish I were more educated on this subject but I do know enough to know it's good your cervix is still closed and you have the stitch. I'm glad you'll be receiving extra monitoring.

Michele said...

Oh hon... I'm sorry. I know this isnt what you wanted to hear. Praying for you guys...

Momof3inVA said...

Praying for you to have peace and comfort and to not have the worry in you that I know is so common among us mothers. Take it easy!!! ((HUGS))