Thursday, March 18, 2010

So Unspeakably Moved.

Yesterday evening, my husband went out and got the mail.  This is noteworthy because we really don't do it anywhere near as often as we should, in all honesty.  Our bills get paid online for the most part, so it's mostly just the actual paper bills and junk mail.  Pretty uninspiring, plus the mailbox is in a totally awkward place.

He brought the mail in, and there were two items that just touched my heart.  The first was a card from my good ("real life") friend JG - she and her husband are actually Maddie's godparents.  She sent a card to give us love for that magical day of gestation (21w3d), as she knew it would be hard.  She poured out her love for JTD, myself, baby Jota, and our little Maddie in Heaven.  I'll keep this card for forever.

JTD then brought me a box.  I hadn't ordered anything, so it surprised me.  I opened it up, and had to start crying.  I received the sweetest package from one of you, one of my online friends, who wanted to remain incognito.  It was just filled to the brim - she sent me both some Heartburn Tea (and do I need it!) and some Peaceful Mama Tea (I need that, too!) from Earth Mama, Angel Baby.  She sent me some Burt's Be.es deep hand creme, as well as an entire foot care kit (including lotion and a pumice stone - perfect timing, as mine was worn down after this winter of being inside!).  There was a huge container of gummi bears (which I LOVE - I've had a sweet tooth lately, but nothing around the house!).  And here's the last thing that was in there:


This is a horrible picture that I took with my camera phone here a few minutes ago, so it doesn't do it justice.  This is just beautiful cross-stitch, so intricate and lovely.  I think so often of Maddie as our little butterfly, so this just made me cry tears of gratitude. 

I am so blessed and rich with the people in my life.  I just pray that everyone has the same.  Hugs and love to all.

16 comments:

Momof3inVA said...

How awesome is that!!!!

That is so nice...I hope you enjoy these last few months of pregnancy.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You're such a sweetie! The good news is, I now can be a lot more comfortable during them! :) Hugs to you!

Bree said...

That is so sweet. I know these little packages often give us the boost we need. You, Maddie, and Jota are very loved!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

You're so very sweet, Bree - you're right, it just made my week. It was so sweet! Sending love to you, Ella, and Nora!

Jill said...

So sweet that someone sent you a package. I love the butterfly cross-stitch! It is also sweet that you got a lovely card from your friend. Sometimes that is all it takes to touch our heart and make us smile.

Amanda said...

Oh how sweet! I just LOVE getting snail mail! I have a "real life" friend who I met "online" and we write each other monthly, even weekly sometimes! I just love stationary and the such.

That comment you left me was really sweet, and I got teary eyed too, your words were so nice to hear! Thank you!

Michele said...

How sweet!

S.I.F. said...

What an incredible gift! I love when things like that can just totally catch us off guard!

Anonymous said...

It always warms my heart to see the love, support and respect that bloggers have for one another extend beyond cyberspace and into 'real' life - sometimes there is nothing better in the world!

Heather said...

I'm glad you have such support in your life. How thoughtful!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I just know how much I treasure each of you, and how grateful I am for the support of so many!! :)

Cape Girl said...

What a wonderful gift. This is such an amazing community. Sometimes it's just the little things that others do to let us know they care that make all the difference.

jrose35 said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift and I love the butterfly it is so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful package. Support is so important and glad you have so much of it both here and in real life.

Holly said...

How incredibly nice for you to receive that package and the card! I'm sure that made you feel good!

jill said...

Oh my gosh, how incredibly thoughtful! You are awesome, secret gift person! :)