Friday, March 05, 2010

So Touched.

I just got a chance to catch up on the day's blogs after work, and noticed that someone had thought of me to submit me - I'm just so touched, I can't even say.  Thank you to all of you who think of me - I truly have tears in my eyes.

We'll be 20 weeks tomorrow.  It's so hard to remember that Maddie was born at 21w3d - I know that this cerclage is doing a great job, but I just didn't realize how hard these preceding few weeks would be, worrying and anticipating.  Then I realize how very blessed I am, and God lets me know to just be still.

Let's see... updates.  I kind of freaked out on Tuesday.  Baby Jota has been kicking a lot (which is great!), but it has felt like some of the kicks were in my cervix (which could be imagined, you never know).  I called my OB and he got me in immediately (he encouraged me to come as often as needed) - he didn't do an ultrasound, but the manual exam showed that the cervix was still firm and tight, and quite long.  Our ultrasound is on this coming Tuesday - we'll get a glimpse at my cervix, and we'll do the whole obstetrical exam.  (Hopefully Baby J will be cooperating and also show us gender!) 

I think I've also been having Braxton Hicks contractions.  My belly gets hard, and I feel just the slightest bit of tightening - not painful at all, just... tight.  It really freaked me out the first several times that it was silent contractions or something, but then I realized that my body is SUPPOSED to be practicing - the cerclage will keep the cervix from dilating.  I will ask my OB again on Tuesday, though, to make sure that's what I'm actually experiencing.

I just wanted to thank everyone again for all of their support of me, my friend MM, Maddie, and everything else.  I am just so blessed.

12 comments:

Christy said...

20 wks is so great!!!! I'm glad you're doing ok. I just know this is the scariest part for us!!! These few weeks are just so hard. I am thinking of you SO often and thank you for the update!
Love to you!!!

Jill said...

I think of you so often! I look forward to your updates just to know all is going well. I know there must be so many scary times you are going through. Happy to hear Baby Jota is kicking away! : )

Megan said...

I'm glad you're hanging in there and I hope your ultrasound is great on Tuesday. I can't wait to see your update.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I am sending love and gratitude to you all - I can't say how much I think of each of you, too. I was telling my husband the other night about some of my blogger friends' journies - he was amazed at the stories and strength. Love to you all!

tireegal68 said...

Thinking of you and your sweet Maddie. Hoping that you can stay positive despite all the worries and stress.

S.I.F. said...

I love all of this! I love that your doctor is so great about letting you come right in, and I love the calm you are having right now... Love it! And I so hope we get to find out a gender soon! :)

Rachel said...

I know your emotions continue to be all over the place with missing Maddie, concern for this pregnancy, and hope for the future. I think of you often and pray for you as well. You're a strong and brave woman, Angie!

I'm so glad you're doing well and happy to hear good news about your cervix and Baby J's activity! Baby J better spill the goods and give us the money shot or we might just give him/her something to kick about ;)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

tireegal - Thank you so, so much! I think it's just remembering to be positive sometimes that makes the difference!

SIF - I am so lucky. My OB made sure to point out that I can see him as many times as I want, and it costs the same... while an ER visit costs $200 each time. That was amazing to me.

Rachel - You are such an inspiration. You've been in my thoughts and prayers - and I am so glad to have yours. :) I figure I'm going to poke at my belly until Baby Jota gives up his/her gender! ;)

Michele said...

Yay for 20 weeks!

The cervical kicking is terrifying. Bobby used to headbutt my cervix and, some days, I would just cry I was so stressed.

You are doing a great job!!!

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Oh, Michele, I can't tell you how helpful it is to know that the cervical kicking is normal. I've just been panicking about it, even though I know the doctor said the external cervix is closed and tight. You always make me feel so much better. :)

With Out My Punkin said...

I am glad that your cervix is the way it should be (that sounds so creepy and weird :} ) how awesome is your OB! I am glad that Baby J is kicking away (isn't it awesome-love that part of being preggo). ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

20 weeks is awesome...half way there...stay put Baby Jota!! Thinking of you.