Monday, October 12, 2009

13 weeks and 6 days - Nerves - Part 2

Never blogged twice in one day before.  Just thought I'd update - I got my e2 levels back, and everything is good (thank goodness - what a blessing).  However, I haven't had a hysterosalpinogram in over 6 months, so I have to have another one on Wednesday.  For anyone who isn't familiar, here's some info (LINK) - it involves radioactive dye, your girl parts, and a really poorly thought-out collection system for the stuff that comes afterwards.  I need to remember to wear shoes with good traction.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad your e2 levels are good. Is a hysterosalpinogram part of the FET process? I had never heard of it. Anyway, I hope it goes well for you. :)

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thanks so much, Heather! The hysterosalpinogram is actually pretty much just diagnostic - they use it a lot with infertility issues. It's to see if there are any cysts, etc. in th uterus. Mine was completely clear last time, so I'm hoping it is this time, too.

Anonymous said...

Angie, I am so glad that your levels are good. *hugs* for the HSG. I had one and not so comfy. I will pray you get through it as comfy as possible.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thanks, Jess! I had one a year ago - it was really awkward. It wasn't as bad as something like the egg retrieval as far as pain, but just really... messy. You hit it - just not comfy.