Tuesday, October 20, 2009

15 weeks - Calm

Today is a much more calm day.  I'm still weary and just tired of all of this trying and uncertainty (in honesty, I just want Maddie back), but I just wanted to make a quick note about how grateful I am to have our frozen embryo babies.  After the severe OHSS, I don't know that I could handle doing stims this soon after Maddie's birth - the FET is a nice gradual wade into the water.  We're so lucky that we had so many eligible blasts to freeze.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, thats great that you can find the positive. Some days are harder then others. Glad its a good day for you. *hugs*

Heather said...

I'm so glad you have your frozen embies too. I am so glad today is calmer, even if you are weary. I will be glad when this process is over and you have a baby in your arms again. I know he/she won't replace Maddie, but I know Maddie wants this for you too.

Also, thank you for being willing to answer my questions about FETs if it comes to that for us. It's definitely our 2nd choice if my SLO test comes back positive too. We probably won't start until sometime next year, and then there is always a waiting period while they do a home study and find a match for us. But thankfully the waiting period is not as long as with traditional adoption. My biggest fear about the whole thing is what if it doesn't work? But that's probably the same with any IF procedure. Why do so many of us have to deal with some form of IF and loss all at once? It's not fair at all...

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Jess - thanks so much! Yep, yesterday was a better, calmer day.

Heather - please let me know if you ever even have questions ahead of time. I'm so very happy to answer them - and you're right, there isn't much justice in the IF stuff while dealing with loss. It kind of seems like kicking us when we're down.