Friday, October 02, 2009

12 weeks and 3 days - Numb

I got a filling this morning, and my lip is still numb.  You know, sometimes numbness isn't a bad thing.

(I needed to edit this quickly - hopefully this didn't come off as melancholy as I think it might.  Sometimes it's just nice to put grief in a box for a day, you know?)


Physically - 5.5       Mentally – 7
Emotionally - 6.0    Spiritually - 7

11 comments:

cheryllookingforward said...

A lot of time I wish I knew you in person so I could just hug you.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Cheryl, you're so sweet. :) I hope that didn't come off too melancholy - sometimes it's just nice to kind of compartmentalize for a minute, you know?

Anonymous said...

Angie, I got really worried about you when I saw the first sentance and then I came back and saw your edit. *hugs*

Michele said...

The joys of the dentist. Bummer. :(

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Jess - thanks! I totally realized that I sounded super-depressed, and that really isn't how I want to come off.

Michele - my face is just NOW thawing (that's my new term for it)? It's been about 7 hours!

Heather said...

You are right, sometimes numbness is not a bad thing. I wonder if our bodies/minds know we need a break sometimes.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

I think you're exactly right. Kind of go into "power-save" mode.

Heather said...

I thought of this post the other day because I put a post up on my blog and took it down really soon after posting it because I was afraid it was too dark and that my family who read my blog would be upset and worried about me. Anyway, I wondered if we had gone through something similar...

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Heather - I had seen in my Reader that you had posted something and then taken it down. I am so sorry you had a horrible day - yes, I had a pretty bad one, too. I know exactly what you mean - I tend to temper what I write on here, too, so that my real-life friends don't worry too much about me. It's hard to be open and still reserved all at the same time.

I'm thinking of you daily.

Heather said...

I totally know what you mean. Those of us who have experienced this grief understand that these deep and sometimes very dark emotions are normal and part of the grieving process. Those who have not been there are likely to worry and not understand. So I also try to keep my emotions "G-rated" (for lack of a better term) on my blog. It's sometimes hard to balance that with wanting to come across as real to others who are going through this.

I am sorry you had such a rough day too. I hope you found an outlet. I ended up taking my post to BabyCenter.

I'm thinking of you as well. Somehow, someway, we will survive this.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

"G-rated" is an exceptionally good way to put it. It's an attempt to make others feel better about how we're feeling - a little odd, when you think about it.

You're in my thoughts often, Heather. I truly pray that you have fewer of them (although I think we all know they'll never go away altogether).