Thursday, November 12, 2009

18 weeks and 2 days - Another Day

My husband is a very wise man.  He's convinced me not to take any HPT's until our beta on Tuesday.  Probably wise.

Last night was kind of a rough night.  My biological father's mother called - she has breast cancer.  They did a full mastectomy on Thursday, and removed some lymph nodes - 6 of the 9 removed had tumors in them.  She'll be doing chemo and radiation here shortly.

I guess I kind of got all philosophical after the news.  I want to preface by saying that I love my grandmother very much, but she's not a very warm person.  Very country club, not very family-oriented.  As a result, it's kind of pushed all of us away to a certain degree.  When another grandmother of mine passed away about 7 years ago from cancer, the family was so close around her it had to almost feel suffocating.  It's such a contrast to where we all are in relation to this grandmother.  I am going to do everything I can to try and change that, but it's saddening to see the effects that certain decisions have.  I'm sorry - I hope that didn't sound judgmental.

Hoping all are having a good day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubby is very wise. After Heather's comment on my blog yesterday I wanted to run out and POAS, but I decided against it. What are the chances of seeing a positive this early on?

First, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. Second, you don't sound judgemental. We all have family members that we don't mesh with well and as hard as it is to be around them sometimes...the important thing is that they are family. Its great that you want to be there and do what you can do for her. *hugs*

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Thanks, Jess. :) I am pretty sure I would get an answer of some sort at this point, but I don't want to get myself worked up either way until we get blood tests. Thinking of you!

Thank you so much. She is a wonderful person, but just isn't warm. It's just not who she is - it doesn't mean I'm better or she's better, just different. It does affect your relationships with others, though.

Holly said...

I don't think it sounded judgmental. Just matter of fact.

Hey I have a pic for you, email me caring4carleigh@yahoo.com

Heather said...

You are a strong woman, and your DH is so very wise for sure. And Jess - I'm sorry!!! I really am a bad influence!!! I will say no more about POAS. Lips are sealed!

I am really sorry to hear about your grandmother's cancer, and you do NOT sound judgmental. What you are saying makes perfect sense to me...

***hugs***

Michele said...

It didnt sound judgmental at all. Honest. Saying a prayer for your family.

I cant help POASing but I often get BFNs because I dont excrete HcG well, so waiting may be good...