Got the results back from beta #2. Ideally, they look for your numbers to double over the course of two days. Mine almost tripled – went from 1079 to 3007! Maddie’s numbers were incredibly similar, but were a day later – hopefully this little one has fingernails A friend sent me a study that shows that really high hCG levels coincide with better rates of pregnancy at 20 weeks, so hopefully this is a good sign for us – right now we’re just focusing on (and praying about) making it to the cerclage at 14 weeks!
I know my hormones are pretty ramped up right now, but this all has made everything with Maddie seem a little bit fresher again. I think it’s just doing all of the same things, and everything being so very similar that is making it come back up so much more even than it was for a while. I want so badly to have a healthy, happy baby – but I miss the one that we have so much. I am so glad for her that she’s happy, and that’s all I can want – it’s just hard.
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
WOOHOO! Your numbers sound terrific. Have they schedule your 1st ultrasound yet?
Getting pregnant after a loss is so bittersweet. You can't help but meld the feelings of loss together with the the feelings of elation; it becomes a rollercoaster ride of emotion that you want nothing more than to get off of. Be gentle with yourself and with all of your feelings - there will be lots of good days and plenty of bad days . . . and we will be here for all of them.
You are so sweet! I actually have two of them scheduled for the week of Nov. 30 - one at my OB on 12/2, one at the fertility doctor on 12/3. Hopefully we'll see a little heartbeat twice in one week!
You are so wise, and have talked about this before - you're so right, there's just this up-and-down of just wanting things perfect, while you know how badly things can go for your baby. You are truly so kind that I'm tearing up. Thank you.
Those are great numbers! Definitely hoping great things for you!
Excellent. That's what we want to hear! Keep those positive updates coming LOL
You guys are so amazing - you're so supportive!
Those numbers sound awesome. I am so excited for you *huge hugs*
Please know Maddie will be an important part of this pregnancy because she will be there watching over you. :) Watching over her brother or sister.
You're a blessing, Jess - you're exactly right, I feel like Maddie is this baby's guardian angel, the twin who is watching out for him/her. Hugs and thanks to you - and thinking of you for tomorrow!
Praying.....praying for your little peanut.
Congratulations!!! I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy!!!
Congrats!! Wonderful numbers :)
Your number is great! Hooray!
I understand the feelings. Getting pregnant again and going through the same things again is so strange. It's rough.
Rebecca - that means so much more than I can say. :) We are praying all we can!
Donna - thank you so much! You're an inspiration!
Jill - Thank you! You're such a sweetie!
Cheryl - You are so right. I know you're going through the emotional rollercoaster, too - I'm guessing that we'll be having these days until the babies are born!
Those are great numbers Ang, just stay positive like you are and your little Maddie is your guardian angel.
Great news! Maddie is watching over her little brother or sister,
Post a Comment